Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do it to yourselves, man?

As regular as clockwork this bullshit.  It’s amplified because we have our manager’s contract expiring as well as the standard transfer window.

Two scenarios:

A) It's Keith Bishop bullshit and it will all go pear shaped near the end of the window. Rafa walks, no transfers, shite replacement manger, more seasons of doom and despair. We've got used to that for a decade. So nothing changes with Ashley                  OR

B) It is true, in which case our morals are gone to shit (like a growing number of clubs) and we all live in dream land. Until that too goes pear shaped.

I know which one I'd rather go for, but let's not get too carried away as I fear A) applies at all times.

So glad I didn’t see this last night. Even this morning till about 20mins who I’ve been reading reactions to yesterday’s game and chuckling away, heart dropped when I saw this thread title.

Hope it’s true. Reserved until we know more but it would be a great start to the summer. About time our luck turned.

Providing it's his own money he's using and he's not fronting a so-called consortium or borrowing funds, I'm fine with this.

I don't want owners like Man City or PSG, who have been cheating. Just someone who can get us competing in the top half rather than the bottom half of the Premiership, while staying within FFP.

If all he's got is a measly £18bn, no problem.

Providing it's his own money he's using and he's not fronting a so-called consortium or borrowing heavily, I'm fine with this.

I don't want owners like Man City or PSG, who have been cheating. Just someone who can get us competing in the top half rather than the bottom half of the Premiership, while staying within FFP.

Mate, Arab Sheikhs dont buy football clubs to have them "competing in the top half".  :lol:

Providing it's his own money he's using and he's not fronting a so-called consortium or borrowing funds, I'm fine with this.

Even the quickest google search tells you it’s a different guy that’s worth £18b. No one knows how much this guys worth

He doesn't have 18bn, man :lol:

Anyway, I'm done pissing on people's chips.

that was said in here by someone else btw, i wasn't claiming to know fuck all

Aye they’ve got the wrong guy. Similar name

I love this idea that an Arab sheikh has nothing better to do then add fuel to a leaked story to help some fat cockney shellsuit salesman to get one over on his fans :lol:

Family’s personal wealth is estimated to be $159bn, they own an investment company which has assets worth over $800bn.

We'd be essentially funded by Abu Dhabi so I'm not sure it matters how much he has in his personal bank account.

They dont buy clubs to be their playthings, they do it to whitewash the fact they are killing gay people etc.

So we'd be loaded regardless which of the royal family the actual owner is.

Providing it's his own money he's using and he's not fronting a so-called consortium or borrowing heavily, I'm fine with this.

Mate, Arab Sheikhs dont buy football clubs to have them "competing in the top half".  :lol:

If all this is true, I'm quite sure he has his dreams of glory, and that's what's motivating him. But my hopes and expectations are more modest, like most on here.

It's a lot more crowded at the top now, compared to the days when Jack Walker bought the league for Blackburn. The guy may have to adjust.

Family’s personal wealth is estimated to be $159bn, they own an investment company which has assets worth over $800bn.

Fucking hell :lol:

The sport if completely fucked like, if the only teams who can compete are those owned by sheiks and corrupt Russian olegarchs.

It’s been fucked for years. Doubt I’ll even give a fuck about football in 10 years

The sport if completely fucked like, if the only teams who can compete are those owned by sheiks and corrupt Russian olegarchs.

yeah, but imagine not being owned by mike ashley though...so there's that

Agreed. We have had years of shite under him so we are entitled to some mega rich head choppers.