Newcastle United vs. AFC Bournemouth - 04/11/17 @ 3pm

HaydnNUFC

If we score first we will win.

Yup, it's just that we don't have goals in this team right now. We have the defence, we have the majority of midfield but we just can't score consistently. Gayle needs to sort himself out and give us a hand..

Mitro must have shat in Rafa's shoes it seems.

If we score first we will win.

Yup, it's just that we don't have goals in this team right now. We have the defence, we have the majority of midfield but we just can't score consistently. Gayle needs to sort himself out and give us a hand..

Mitro must have shat in Rafa's shoes it seems.

Yeah, looks like he is out the door.

Newcastle v Bournemouth

I was part of BBC Radio 5 live's commentary team when Newcastle went to Burnley on Monday and I saw them play really nice football, knock the ball around, but without a cutting edge.

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez's whole premise is organisation, organisation and more organisation. He also loves passing and moving and you can see that Jonjo Shelvey will only get better under him.

I think this season will only get better for Newcastle because if and when the takeover happens then the new owners will say to the manager 'go and get a few players and then we will go for it next season'.

As for Bournemouth, their skipper Simon Francis has described November as "a make-or-break" month with the trip to Newcastle followed by games against Huddersfield, Swansea and Burnley.

I think a draw at Newcastle would be a good start. You go anywhere in the Premier League and get a draw - apart from the top six because they're expected to win every game - then it is something to build on.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Our home form has looked good so far.

Another 3 points here would be great, surely Mitro has to come in?

An early goal, could be key. We get that, I'd be confident.

A draw not a disaster, important we try and keep the home losses to a minimum, just try to pick up points consistently.

Guest neesy111

We've got a really tough batch of games coming up after the international break, so a win would be not only fantastic but quite important.

:thup:

We really need points on the board before December.

Newcastle v Bournemouth

I was part of BBC Radio 5 live's commentary team when Newcastle went to Burnley on Monday and I saw them play really nice football, knock the ball around, but without a cutting edge.

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez's whole premise is organisation, organisation and more organisation. He also loves passing and moving and you can see that Jonjo Shelvey will only get better under him.

I think this season will only get better for Newcastle because if and when the takeover happens then the new owners will say to the manager 'go and get a few players and then we will go for it next season'.

As for Bournemouth, their skipper Simon Francis has described November as "a make-or-break" month with the trip to Newcastle followed by games against Huddersfield, Swansea and Burnley.

I think a draw at Newcastle would be a good start. You go anywhere in the Premier League and get a draw - apart from the top six because they're expected to win every game - then it is something to build on.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Lolro has been on the fucking sauce again, clearly. We could barely string two passes together on Monday.

Before the Burnley game, I said we have to avoid conceding early in both half to have any chance of winning. We managed to do that but couldn't score. We need to do the same. Keep them out but get an early goal too. The longer they keep us out, we'll just panic and let them in like on Monday.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I'm not sure what it is that we should be worrying about here. Aside from it being 'Exactly The Sort of Match We'll Lose™' in terms of superstitions, we should be beating Bournemouth.

Aye, I'm not sure what it is that we should be worrying about here. Aside from it being 'Exactly The Sort of Match We'll Lose™' in terms of superstitions, we should be beating Bournemouth.

I think it's difficult to confidently predict beating anyone when you don't have a striker who scores goals.

They miss a couple of players? Think both Afobe and Stanislas went off injured last game and King wasn't playing at all?

From Physioroom:

B Afobe Knock no date

J Stanislas Groin Strain no date

R Fraser Knock 2 days

J King Back Injury 2 days

B Smith Hip Injury no date

T Mings Back Injury 2 weeks

A Federici Knee Injury

Good news for us.