Would PCP actually be a good owner for NUFC?

Dave

I honestly don't think Ashley is playing a game here just to mess with us, he just has no interest in us anymore, its costing him nowt so he's in no rush to sell until his asking price is met, when it is he'll be off.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

David Conn generally writes reliable and revealing investigative articles. It's a worry that he's actively picking holes in staveley's credibility

The main point is that Staveley does not head a consortium, and isn't a fund manager. She's a broker who puts together deals for other investors. As such, her ability to put together and sustain a big financial offer is bound to be questionable.

George Caulkin has said on twitter (after Conn's previous article) that he is credible.

However, its strange that this journalist seems intent on exposing Staveley as some sort of charlatan, whereas no-one ever goes into such depth to expose and put pressure on Ashley for his running of the club.

George Caulkin has said on twitter (after Conn's previous article) that he is credible.

However, its strange that this journalist seems intent on exposing Staveley as some sort of charlatan, whereas no-one ever goes into such depth to expose and put pressure on Ashley for his running of the club.

Precisely. They don't seem to realise WHY we're so desperate to believe that she's the real deal.

Guest firetotheworks

Would that be news? I know people are uninformed, but there have been plenty of articles about Ashley's mismanagement. It's only this article and Luke Edwards who've put out articles about Staveley perhaps not being what she seems.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

The main problem I have with Conn's article is that its headline is rather condescending which automatically puts me on the defensive.

I thought it had already been established that Staveley and PCP are ultimately a consortium of 6 or 7 parties putting in £25m-100m?

Staveley’s role will be to manage the funds, grow the club and give the investors their profit returns, taking her own cut.

Guest neesy111

Not sure I’d be happy with 6 or 7 individuals trying to come to agreements on the future of the club. That many fingers in the pie is just looking for trouble.

Hence why you have an CEO to do that stuff for them.