Would PCP actually be a good owner for NUFC?

Dave

Didn't Man City owners build new housing developments or some stuff?

They've completely rebuilt and regenerated a really rundown area of Manchester - housing, parks, facilities etc.

It's continuing too. They've got a partnership with the council to continue developing.

As with any takeover it's a gamble. The thing is, we're in a rut and we have been for years; we all know that on his very, very best behaviour Mike Ashley would see us into the Europa League again (only for a threadbare squad to struggle the next season), and at his worst he'd relegate us again and do just about enough get us back up. And really that's the status quo; one that is as equally uninispiring as it is unsustainable. There's been no real cause for optimism for years - Rafa is set aside as being an uncharacteristically tremendous move on the club's part, but even then the structure of the club only affords him a pretty low ceiling in terms of what he can realistically achieve here. New owners could be a disaster, change isn't always good, but we're long overdue a dice roll IMO.

Obviously we wouldn't want it to be some dodgy c***s linked to dubious practices but it'd be superb for the city / region if they tackled us like the owners have at Man City. Even a small amount would have real potential for increased spotlight and subsequent investment in jobs and infrastructure which could only be a positive.

Always felt this was what would be best for Newcastle United as owners who invest in city, infrastructure and surrounding area generally spend a good amount on the pitch and all areas of club.

Remember the glee at the thought of a Billionaire taking over the club then what happened? money wasn't spent,hence thats why Billionaires are where they are and the rest of us are where we are. PCP could do exactly the same strip out an assets and spend minimil cash.

We got a rubbish billionaire though, PCP are in a different league.

PCP are only the facilitators no? Just because they have access to a massive fund or whatever doesn't mean we're getting it all [emoji38]

Ok all is forgiven fat lad.......please don't go.....

I'm merely pointing out that PCP aren't the money holders, they're not spending the £28bn they quoted as their own money. Pull yourself together.

Remember the glee at the thought of a Billionaire taking over the club then what happened? money wasn't spent,hence thats why Billionaires are where they are and the rest of us are where we are. PCP could do exactly the same strip out an assets and spend minimil cash.

PCP are only the facilitators no? Just because they have access to a massive fund or whatever doesn't mean we're getting it all [emoji38]

I'm merely pointing out that PCP aren't the money holders, they're not spending the £28bn they quoted as their own money. Pull yourself together.

:lol: :lol:

While I think we can all agree that we wouldn't have a happy future under Ashley I would say that there have been plenty of takeovers by much worse owners. Ashley is a very middling, albeit dislikeable owner.

So you don't need to be spectacularly shite to be worse!

More than happy to be ran as a football club again and not some advertising space/ department of SD.  If we can generate decent shirt deals, shirt sponsors and stadium commercial deals I'm sure we'll have fairly decent money to spend on the first team.

Ashley did nothing but lower expectations from the moment he arrived, cast anyone aside who didn't run with the program, bottomed the club out and ran it to the benefit of SD.

Awful stuff, all the lies and bull shit from his cohorts has been sickening over the years.  Ive had enough of it.

Its been said many times but during Ashley's ownership, we've went from perennial European Competition qualification (albeit lesser so nearer the end of Hall/Shepherd), to two relegation, flirting with relegation and one fluke of a season in that 5th spot.  Our commercial revenue used to exceed Spurs.  Now we sit behind the likes of Southampton.  Not to mention Joe Kinnear (twice), SJP renaming, Pardew, Carver, numerous cronies employed, the latest HMRC and massive penny pinching season upon season.

We've went from eternal hope that one day we might win something, to constant mediocrity and being told we should be happy with it. 

Fuck that and fuck him. 

They'd have to basically take over, burn the stadium down and fold the club to be much worse in my opinion. 

Its been said many times but during Ashley's ownership, we've went from perennial European Competition qualification (albeit lesser so nearer the end of Hall/Shepherd), to two relegation, flirting with relegation and one fluke of a season in that 5th spot.  Our commercial revenue used to exceed Spurs.  Now we sit behind the likes of Southampton.  Not to mention Joe Kinnear (twice), SJP renaming, Pardew, Carver, numerous cronies employed, the latest HMRC and massive penny pinching season upon season.

We've went from eternal hope that one day we might win something, to constant mediocrity and being told we should be happy with it. 

f*** that and f*** him. 

They'd have to basically take over, burn the stadium down and fold the club to be much worse in my opinion.

:thup: On the money.

Fuck that and fuck him. 

It wouldn't even take that much to get us back up there. A new owner making a statement of intent with some big ticket signings would get the whole country and beyond talking. Suddenly the sponsors would want to be associated again, the fans and media would be buzzing. It's not like Man City or Chelsea were massive clubs before their owners decided that's what they were going to be.

Who in their right mind would think PCP would spend all their £28bn funds, or that we would expect them to? Only southern press and mischief makers think we want everything. Why do you state the obvious?

Ashley hacked away at the soul of the club. And, for many people, damaged/removed the reason for supporting NUFC. Purely through selfishness, which is basically unforgivable

Turning us into a zombie club, without hope or ambition, was a sporting crime. Factor in the relegations and he really is one of the worst imo. You can look at Blackburn, Blackpool, Leyton Orient, Coventry, even Hull, Villa, Leeds, Portsmouth - as examples of either malevolent or just totally incompetent owners doing their best to destroy clubs. And, generally speaking, we haven't had it as bad as them. But we would have done, if not for Rafa. We wouldn't have recovered from the most recent plummet.

Rafa is a Godsend and has been wonderfully rejuvenating, but the fact remains that there's still no hope of genuine, tangible success under Ashley. Rafa will leave and we're back to the managerial bargain bin; nobody with the experience, character or respect in the game to influence a culture change. Christ knows who we'd have if he hadn't come knocking when Steve was on the ropes, but we'd definitely still be in the Championship and probably stuck there. It's an absolute gift that Rafa is here and him fancying the challenge has effectively saved the club as far as I'm concerned - we wouldn't have got promoted and we wouldn't have attracted a new owner.

If it wasn't for him, our name would be alongside those clubs above.

Who in their right mind would think PCP would spend all their £28bn funds, or that we would expect them to? Only southern press and mischief makers think we want everything. Why do you state the obvious?

Refer to the post I quoted

£7bn in January, £21bn in summer when we're ready for the CL next season.

More than happy to be ran as a football club again and not some advertising space/ department of SD.  If we can generate decent shirt deals, shirt sponsors and stadium commercial deals I'm sure we'll have fairly decent money to spend on the first team.

Ashley did nothing but lower expectations from the moment he arrived, cast anyone aside who didn't run with the program, bottomed the club out and ran it to the benefit of SD.

Awful stuff, all the lies and bull shit from his cohorts has been sickening over the years.  Ive had enough of it.

:thup:

You have to be mad not to take a punt on a new owner. We all know what the future is under Ashley.

£7bn in January, £21bn in summer when we're ready for the CL next season.

Better hold some back, to pay the CL clause.

Ashley is a wildcard.  Even he doesn't know what direction his head is going most times.  Somehow he's built SD into an empire by flying by the seat of his pants but that obviously hasn't worked with a football club.  I'm looking forward to a more business-like owner.  Give me someone with a plan, some strategy to build commercial income and market the club to increase revenues across the board.

Ashley is a wildcard.  Even he doesn't know what direction his head is going most times.  Somehow he's built SD into an empire by flying by the seat of his pants but that obviously hasn't worked with a football club.  I'm looking forward to a more business-like owner.  Give me someone with a plan, some strategy to build commercial income and market the club to increase revenues across the board.

Thats the really scary thing, the amount of planning he put into SD and the deals he entered into and the markets he bought from to make the shop a success whilst refusing to work in loans or even advertising up to a point. I just dont see where it all went in his head when he bought the club. I really do think he thought it would just a big laugh and an easy job once he brought in Keegan.

I'm prepared to take a chance on them. They come across as professional and if the rumours of them bidding £1 billion for Liverpool are correct, then they have access to funds.

In ten years, Ashley has shown that he doesn't understand the football business. For a gambler his unwillingness to speculate to accumulate has been surprising. I'm hoping to see the end of business decisions such as; failing to understand the importance of a good manager (present incumbent excluded), failure to fully capitalise on potential revenue streams, hiring unqualified 'yes men' into key positions, failure to invest even modest amounts at key points in time (which could have significantly improved performance and associated prize money).

Make no mistake, PCP are in it to make money. However, that means staying in the Prem and who knows, they may just feel they can get into the further riches of the Champions League? Simply put, I'm hoping for a well run business, with qualified people in the correct positions, and a sensible amount of investment to allow the club to maximise it's potential, whilst not over-committing. That's an improvement over Ashley and anything more than that is a bonus.