Newcastle United 0-3 Watford - 25/11/2017 - post match gloom from p26

Disco

Hopefully Rafa has got a wakeup call now.

Don't beat WBA and we're in trouble.

We already are and people have ignored it for too long, our run of fixtures and his reluctance to change the team has had me worried for weeks now.

Awful. The only positive was seeing Merino get some minutes.

Hoping we go back to the system that worked well for us at the start of the season now we have a couple of players back fit. Darlow, Pérez, Mbemba and Mitro should all be knocking on the door for a start though.

Guest firetotheworks

Wow. Terrible result.

This is big. We're in deep shit if we can't take points from Bournemouth and Watford at home.

Watford have lost once away from home this season, I said before the game that I was surprised by the predictions like, Watford are a really good team. That doesn't excuse the performance mind, I still thought we'd compete. Agree on Bournemouth as well. But yeah, we're shite.

Honestly, if I see Joselu in over Mitrovic next game I will genuinely lose some of the respect I have for our coaching & management team. p*ss poor from them, costing us big time.

Perez in for the s*** Dwight Gayle too, who does literally nothing and adds f*** all to us. Yet is somewhat immune from criticism in some peoples eyes. Mad. Perez does so much more.

Watford are a good side atm, Silva looks a very good manager so its not that bad a result or that surprising.

It's key for us that we have Merino, his through balls nearly put us through several times instantly & then Shelvey can come forwards more also & do the same.

Not sure Lejeune is that ready for the prem yet & Manquillo still looks suspect.

Apart from that I expect us to improve.

Watford are a good side atm, Silva looks a very good manager so its not that bad a result or that surprising.

It's key for us that we have Merino, his through balls nearly put us through several times instantly & then Shelvey can come forwards more also & do the same.

Not sure Lejeune is that ready for the prem yet & Manquillo still looks suspect.

Apart from that I expect us to improve.

After initial reaction I feel about the same, but we will need to make the right selections sooner rather than later. And the fixtures are looking incredibly tough.

Boos.

Puts a bit of a question mark over the idea that we only demand a team that tries, imo. Not completely against boos, but not in circumstances like that.

A team that tries should be a given. We need a club that tries, and hopefully we will soon

Ah well, I can't see how he can play Joselu over Mitro after that.

Subs were far too late, so Rafa was poor too.

Time to bump the relegationometer.

Last time Joselu had a completely awful game Rafa changed it & Gayle has started every game since. I'd expect him to change it again after this. Giving Mitro even 20 minutes in the last two games shows he's seen as the other option.

Not sure Joselu or Mitro have a real finishers mentality, Mitro seems to make more of a nuisance of himself though.

Can't see anything other than Gayle up top with Perez off him as the 10. Mitro won't start as Rafa doesn't trust him at all, not in ability just the trust a manager has in a player. Funny thing is, Shelvey who's been just as daft starts, i dunno.

Guest neesy111

What's worrying is for the first time, the team looks disjointed and disinterested, characters always shared by relegation teams.

That's the thing about today, we had no shape or organisation which is very unlike a Benitez side.

Just out now and that was horrific, we never got to grips with their formation and we really do have some shite players, impressed with Watford but they might have a tough season once Silva goes

Elliot 4

Yedlin 4

Clark 3

Lejeune 4

Manquillo 4

Shelvey 5

Diame 4

Murphy 6

Ritchie 4

Gayle 5

Joselu 3

You monster,  joselu 3 ???