West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle United - 28/11/17 @ 8pm

Stifler

Weirdly looking forward to this. Despite  the negativity I don’t think we’re as bad as the performances in the last two games. I think Rafa will revert back to the formation that worked well for us before this two striker experiment - probably due to Merino’s injury. I think Pérez and Merino will come back in but I’m not expecting Mitrovic even though he deserves a shot now.

The only worry is how piss poor at dealing with set pieces we’ve been since Lascelles got injured. Given our 4 losses in a row I think we might catch West Brom off guard.

0-2

Gayle

Murphy

Finding it hard to be bothered about a game at the minute, the takeover/non takeover is all that really matters in terms of the clubs future.

That said, we really do need to stop the rot, stop the negativity and grind out a positive result.

Weirdly looking forward to this. Despite  the negativity I don’t think we’re as bad as the performances in the last two games. I think Rafa will revert back to the formation that worked well for us before this two striker experiment - probably due to Merino’s injury. I think Pérez and Merino will come back in but I’m not expecting Mitrovic even though he deserves a shot now.

The only worry is how p*ss poor at dealing with set pieces we’ve been since Lascelles got injured. Given our 4 losses in a row I think we might catch West Brom off guard.

0-2

Gayle

Murphy

Yep, these are pretty much my thoughts too :thup:

Tonight is probably the first match of the season I'm seriously concerned about the result. Need to halt the rot by any means necessary.

Sans Lascelles we also need to be vary of keeping corners and FKs down to a minimum.

The only worry is how p*ss poor at dealing with set pieces we’ve been since Lascelles got injured. Given our 4 losses in a row I think we might catch West Brom off guard.

0-2

Gayle

Murphy

Dunno about us scoring two (!), but yeah, against Man U we were good most of the first half and even after their strong spell, Hayden should have made it 2-2. Before it, we had the Bournemouth game with the bright start and the "offside" goal. I think all the last two games showed is that we go to pieces/cannot defend counters when chasing a game without Lascelles and Merino. Our right side was AWOL the entire game against Watford, but lets just call that a bad day at the office. I'd have to see it happen more before declaring panic stations.

Finding it hard to be bothered about a game at the minute, the takeover/non takeover is all that really matters in terms of the clubs future.

That said, we really do need to stop the rot, stop the negativity and grind out a positive result.

Exactly my thoughts. I wish we weren't playing tonight as i think we'll get beat again.

The only worry is how piss poor at dealing with set pieces we’ve been since Lascelles got injured. Given our 4 losses in a row I think we might catch West Brom off guard.

0-2

Gayle

Murphy

It wasn't working that well tbf. We've been poor for a while now, even with the old formation. I don't know if it is since Lascelles got injured, but we've looked sort of solid previously, while at the same time looking like we could easily hand the opposition a goal from nowhere. The losses to Brighton, Huddersfield and Burnley being a case in point.

I think this is close to a must win with the up coming schedule, certainly a must not lose against a team with no manager right now. It's though one of those type of games we've struggled so badly this season in, on the road to a defensive limited team, Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton etc. We need some luck that we didn't get in those games and Rafa needs to get his team selection right for once.

Team I would go with:

Woodman

Yedlin Clark LeJuene Mbemba

Ritchie Hayden Merino Shelvey Murphy

Mitro

Chance of that happening: 0%

Certainly not a 'must-win'. Ludicrous to call it that in November given we've already picked up a reasonable points tally. A win would be very welcome though, and it would be a good time to get 3 points all circumstances considered.

We have 14 points dude, that's not reasonable especially when you consider the friendly schedule we've had. We are 4 points ahead of the woeful West Ham. We need the win to get momentum back, we certainly can't afford to lose a 5th on the bounce as we'll lose the next one for sure, then come up against two teams with new manager bounce (surely Everton will have appointed someone competent by the 13th of Dec). It's difficult to see where the next win is coming from and the potential of 6 losses on the trot could kill us. We need to win, we really do.

Will be watching with a Sunderland supporting mate in the bar for whilst having a pint for another mates birthday.  I have NEVER watched a game in a bar with said friend when we have won.  Tonight has to be different, we need some positivity.