West Brom 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 28/11/17 - Post-match reaction from page 30

Dave

As people were saying Robson-Kanu dived all game, utterly embarrassing. Hope Mitro tears his throat out Road house style.

Aye, he was awful.

The Mbemba one I've watched over and over. The lino is 5 yards away and still gives a free kick, when it was as clear a dive as you'll ever see.

Shame Chelsea is next up as that was a massive point. The way the players grew after the first too.

Jimmy Irish coming on opened it up lovely too. Channeling the spirit of Pards early with a needless change of LB.

Why the fuck do we suddenly play good attacking football when we go behind, why the fuck can't we do it from the start. So frustrating.

Opposition gets a more defensive shape to protect their lead, allowing us more space to be attacking?

If Shelvey would restrict himself to those incisive passes along the ground he'd be a much better player. Not his fault we don't have any other game plan mind.

He usually doesn't get the chance as we generally don't hold the ball in the other end of the pitch for long periods like we did when he came on today

Chancel was miles better at left back than Manquillo. 

Based on that game, really?

Im probably not using that game as a whole. But he can defend, and he did whip a superb ball in that Joselu flicked away from Ritchie coming in, won a few battles and restricted phillips to not too much. Really though why ask, Manquillo is awful.

Delighted with that point after being 2 down. Should deflate WBA too hopefully and keep them below us for a bit longer

Play for another 10 minutes and we're very likely to score the winner but when they got that freekick at the end I was sure it was going to be like that Norwich 3-2 loss in our relegation season

After being 2-0 down, I'll take that.  However, West Brom are dog's breath and haven't won in an age.  Looking at our fixtures in December, we really needed to win this and in the end, probably should have.

Still, scoring 2 goals in a game and actually having some positives to take makes a change. Hopefully this can stop the rot.  Although I don't hold out much hope for Saturday.....

Why the fuck do we suddenly play good attacking football when we go behind, why the fuck can't we do it from the start. So frustrating.

Opposition gets a more defensive shape to protect their lead, allowing us more space to be attacking?

Aye i did say that in a later post, i think it's more the urgency we show, OK we're suddenly behind but it shouldn't take that to get us going.

If Shelvey would restrict himself to those incisive passes along the ground he'd be a much better player. Not his fault we don't have any other game plan mind.

He usually doesn't get the chance as we generally don't hold the ball in the other end of the pitch for long periods like we did when he came on today

Yeah fair point, and without Merino and Perez he lacks options at times. I would be playing Mitro and Perez as the main two probably.

Guest firetotheworks

Delighted with that point after being 2 down. Should deflate WBA too hopefully and keep them below us for a bit longer

Play for another 10 minutes and we're very likely to score the winner but when they got that freekick at the end I was sure it was going to be like that Norwich 3-2 loss in our relegation season

I felt exactly the same. I felt like I could already see it happening before it did. Luckily in our version of reality nothing happened.