Newcastle United vs Leicester City - 09/12/17 @ 5.30pm (Live on BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Pretty worried about this tbh. Can see them picking us off quite easily on the break with their pace in attacking positions.

Aye, I think we'll sit deep and try and let them dictate play for this. Mahrez and Vardy are massive worries, especially how much they pummelled us a couple of years back.

Pretty worried about this tbh. Can see them picking us off quite easily on the break with their pace in attacking positions.

Aye, I think we'll sit deep and try and let them dictate play for this. Mahrez and Vardy are massive worries, especially how much they pummelled us a couple of years back.

The 0-3 under McClaren? Completely forgot that happened, what an utter fucking disgusting genocide of a performance that was.

This time we'll approach it the same way we approached Stoke I reckon. If Lascelles is back I'm confident we'll at least avoid defeat.

I worry Vardy, Gray and Marhez will all have a field day against our defence. Puel seems to be doing canny enough there, they have a decent team Leicester and seem to be in form.

This is the problem, our defence looks frightened to death by any sort of quality, and I can't see either Lejeune or Clark coping with Vardy, probably Mbemba is the best bet if he even gets picked.

I think Mbemba has looked shocking against WBA and Chelsea.

Lascelles a big miss just for his commitment and organization.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was OK against Chelsea in general other than for their goal, he looked more assured than Lejune and Clarke IMO who were all over the place.

He was OK against Chelsea in general other than for their goal, he looked more assured than Lejune and Clarke IMO who were all over the place.

You mean except for the most important bit!!

Aye the other 2 were probably worse but he wasn't great.

Guest Howaythetoon

You mean except for the most important bit!!

Aye the other 2 were probably worse but he wasn't great.

Oh aye, on watching MOTD it was a pathetic piece of ‘defending’ for Morata’s goal, but I thought in general he did well. He was the one heading it clear, trying to block and intercepting/nicking balls away while the other two were looking at each other gormless. He also brought the ball out well and made a few forward forays upfield as well which Rafa wasn’t happy about at one time even though he actually played a good ball to a team-mate.

He needs to put his stubborn tactics and personnel to one side and select the right team for this one, No Joselu no fucking Diame, get a solid team out there and get them fired up.

We need to start picking up wins we are getting dangerously close to being sucked into a relegation battle. The league is shite, we've picked up a point from 18 and still 5 points away from the drop, we just need a few wins and everything will look a lot better.

Couple of decent signings wouldn't go a miss in January too.

He needs to put his stubborn tactics and personnel to one side and select the right team for this one, No Joselu no fucking Diame, get a solid team out there and get them fired up.

This literally makes no sense.

Can we just have

Darlow

Yedlin Lejeune Clark Mbemba

Shelvey Merino

Murphy Ayoze Ritchie/Aarons

Mitro/Gayle

Lascelles in at the back if he's returned.

Just our best available players in position (Apart from Chancel, but he's currently the best option there.)

No picks based simply on "Trust" or a theory. (Looking at you, Manquillo, Joselu and Diame.)

One win in ten and one point in the last six is relegation form, need to change that pretty soon, this is as a good a chance to do that as we will have. Leicester in great nick though, like Everton we get to play them at the wrong time.

1-4-1 in their last six away games, inc. drawn games at Stoke and West Ham. The win was at Swansea. So not as good as their home form has been.

6 for, 7 against in those six games, so this might be another tight home game that could go either way. Looking at their team on paper, you'd think free-flowing, destroy teams on the counter, where we are weak, but that's not been playing out for them. Whoscored says they're weak at defending set pieces and against throughballs, so Ritchie and Shelvey it is!

Going to be a tough game as they possess a lot of pace and also in Albrighton they have someone who can take advantage of our vulnerability with crosses.

The tactics/setup will be difficult, don't want to play too high a line as Vardy will ruin us BUT playing too deep will just invite crosses into the box.

In our current form and without Lascelles I sadly think we will lose this one.