Newcastle United 2-3 Leicester City - 9/12/17 - post match reaction from page 25

Greg

We didn't concede before half-time, the fuck is this sorcery :lol:

We looked pretty good until they scored tbh, but that goal just dented our confidence, and put us on the back foot. We need this win as we're very fragile mentally at the moment.

I think I’d be much happier if we were sat back and looking solid but with two up front it just looks like they’re walking through us. Leicester do look very good, I’d love us to be so comfortable on the ball.

Hope we scrat at least a draw out of this.

Guest firetotheworks

...and THAT is why, as shit as Elliot is, he should still be playing ahead of Darlow at all times. Yeah, Merino gave it away sloppily and the shot should have been stopped, but that attempt at a save was pathetic and embarrassing. Those sort of basic ricks are why he was dropped for Elliot in the first place and it seems like nothing has changed, absolutely rubbish from him, don't rate him at all. 

Tbh, our goal aside, I absolutely hated that half. Merino, Hayden, and Ritchie have all been nowhere near the level required, constant misplaced passes, bad touches, hitting it long, and generally serving no purpose. If Hayden's going to play, protect the defenders, don't allow 5 shots unopposed, 20 yards from our goal. If we're going to allow that to happen, we may as well play Shelvey and have more threat going forward.

Joselu and Gayle have probably been our best players this half, while everyone else hasn't been up to it. :lol: When it doesn't rain it pours.

Hopefully Rafa sorts it out, because it's a certain defeat with another 45 minutes like that imo.

Gayle really needed to score that chance straight after the goal, would have changed the whole game if we had been 2 up.

He really needed to get a shot off later on more like it. The one he had you’re referring to was a tougher shot on his weaker foot.

Grim as owt, this. Had momentum, went 1-0 up then seemed to s*** outselves.

Sloppy as f*** from Merino in the lead up to their goal and Darlow should've been palming that away.

It's also alarming how happy we are to sit off them. Close the c***s down ffs.

We are frightened of the pace they have, that's fine but the longer the game goes with the scoreline as it is the deeper we'll sit and that'll probably not end well. Gayle has a huge part to play in this I feel, probably more reason to bring Shelvey on to feed him.

...and THAT is why, as s*** as Elliot is, he should still be playing ahead of Darlow at all times. Yeah, Merino gave it away sloppily and the shot should have been stopped, but that attempt at a save was pathetic and embarrassing. Those sort of basic ricks are why he was dropped for Elliot in the first place and it seems like nothing has changed, absolutely rubbish from him, don't rate him at all. 

Tbh, our goal aside, I absolutely hated that half. Merino, Hayden, and Ritchie have all been nowhere near the level required, constant misplaced passes, bad touches, hitting it long, and generally serving no purpose. If Hayden's going to play, protect the defenders, don't allow 5 shots unopposed, 20 yards from our goal. If we're going to allow that to happen, we may as well play Shelvey and have more threat going forward.

Joselu and Gayle have probably been our best players this half, while everyone else hasn't been up to it. :lol: When it doesn't rain it pours.

Hopefully Rafa sorts it out, because it's a certain defeat with another 45 minutes like that imo.

Elliot wouldn't have saved that man. He's terrible at shots from distance.

Well he might have saved it, but he's let in plenty in similar circumstances. Was on a few years ago (in the cup I think) where he actively jumped out the way of the ball.

Guest firetotheworks

...and THAT is why, as shit as Elliot is, he should still be playing ahead of Darlow at all times. Yeah, Merino gave it away sloppily and the shot should have been stopped, but that attempt at a save was pathetic and embarrassing. Those sort of basic ricks are why he was dropped for Elliot in the first place and it seems like nothing has changed, absolutely rubbish from him, don't rate him at all. 

Elliott is not saving that

We don't know that, personally I'd expect even Elliot to save that. What we do know for certain is that Darlow didn't save it and he should have. Elliot's the unfashionable choice because he's shit, fat, and wanked off Pardew, but objectively he's just simply an obviously better goalkeeper than Darlow purely because Darlow is much more prone to basic, costly mistakes.