Newcastle United 2-3 Leicester City - 9/12/17 - post match reaction from page 25

Greg

...and THAT is why, as s*** as Elliot is, he should still be playing ahead of Darlow at all times. Yeah, Merino gave it away sloppily and the shot should have been stopped, but that attempt at a save was pathetic and embarrassing. Those sort of basic ricks are why he was dropped for Elliot in the first place and it seems like nothing has changed, absolutely rubbish from him, don't rate him at all. 

Tbh, our goal aside, I absolutely hated that half. Merino, Hayden, and Ritchie have all been nowhere near the level required, constant misplaced passes, bad touches, hitting it long, and generally serving no purpose. If Hayden's going to play, protect the defenders, don't allow 5 shots unopposed, 20 yards from our goal. If we're going to allow that to happen, we may as well play Shelvey and have more threat going forward.

Joselu and Gayle have probably been our best players this half, while everyone else hasn't been up to it. :lol: When it doesn't rain it pours.

Hopefully Rafa sorts it out, because it's a certain defeat with another 45 minutes like that imo.

Elliott is not saving that

We don't know that, personally I'd expect even Elliot to save that. What we do know for certain is that Darlow didn't save it and he should have. Elliot's the unfashionable choice because he's s***, fat, and wanked off Pardew, but objectively he's just simply an obviously better goalkeeper than Darlow purely because Darlow is much more prone to basic, costly mistakes.

Elliot is fucking shit man. And has let in plenty in similar circumstances to that goal.

Grim as owt, this. Had momentum, went 1-0 up then seemed to s*** outselves.

Sloppy as f*** from Merino in the lead up to their goal and Darlow should've been palming that away.

It's also alarming how happy we are to sit off them. Close the c***s down ffs.

We are frightened of the pace they have, that's fine but the longer the game goes with the scoreline as it is the deeper we'll sit and that'll probably not end well. Gayle has a huge part to play in this I feel, probably more reason to bring Shelvey on to feed him.

As much as I fear Liecester, I think they are worse when teams sit deeper. They love a higher lobe to play a ball through. All of their decent chances have came on the break when we have never been able to slow them down. When we do slow the break away down, it eventually breaks up before anything meaningful comes of it.

Guest firetotheworks

That was like a training match for Leicester for the most part. Really worrying just how bad this team is. Definite relegation as it stands, touch and go with a few signings.

Really, rage-inducingly terrible how often they misplaced passes or made passes that didn't need to be accurate when they were coming up with ideas and yet still found themselves in shit loads of space.

Sloppy as f*** from Merino in the lead up to their goal and Darlow should've been palming that away.

We are frightened of the pace they have, that's fine but the longer the game goes with the scoreline as it is the deeper we'll sit and that'll probably not end well. Gayle has a huge part to play in this I feel, probably more reason to bring Shelvey on to feed him.

We can be frightened all we want but they've already put one away because we sat off them.

As for Gayle, it's a struggle getting it to him. I'm not there, I'm sat in a bar in Nottingham watching it but what was telling was how irate Ritchie became when there wasn't a forward option on.

Aye, it might just be Ritchie being his usual radge self and there was something, but I've been to games in the flesh and seen how fucking static we are so even though the cameras didn't show it, it'd come as no fucking surprise if our strikers and or/Murphy/Merino were stood still.

Infuriating goal to concede, that Mahrez one. Sloppy as anything from Merino then some awful attempts to put pressure on the lad followed by owld poppadom wrists. Shiteshow.

I've still got a feeling we'll do it though. #clutching

...and THAT is why, as s*** as Elliot is, he should still be playing ahead of Darlow at all times. Yeah, Merino gave it away sloppily and the shot should have been stopped, but that attempt at a save was pathetic and embarrassing. Those sort of basic ricks are why he was dropped for Elliot in the first place and it seems like nothing has changed, absolutely rubbish from him, don't rate him at all. 

Tbh, our goal aside, I absolutely hated that half. Merino, Hayden, and Ritchie have all been nowhere near the level required, constant misplaced passes, bad touches, hitting it long, and generally serving no purpose. If Hayden's going to play, protect the defenders, don't allow 5 shots unopposed, 20 yards from our goal. If we're going to allow that to happen, we may as well play Shelvey and have more threat going forward.

Joselu and Gayle have probably been our best players this half, while everyone else hasn't been up to it. :lol: When it doesn't rain it pours.

Hopefully Rafa sorts it out, because it's a certain defeat with another 45 minutes like that imo.

Darlow is shite but I have no confidence that Elliott would have saved it either.

We can be frightened all we want but they've already put one away because we sat off them.

As for Gayle, it's a struggle getting it to him. I'm not there, I'm sat in a bar in Nottingham watching it but what was telling was how irate Ritchie became when there wasn't a forward option on.

Aye, it might just be Ritchie being his usual radge self and there was something, but I've been to games in the flesh and seen how f***ing static we are (that the camera doesn't always pick up) so even though the cameras didn't show it, it'd come as no f***ing surprise if our strikers and or/Murphy/Merino were stood still.

That was like a training match for Leicester for the most part. Really worrying just how bad this team is. Definite relegation as it stands, touch and go with a few signings.

Really, rage-inducingly terrible how often they misplaced passes or made passes that didn't need to be accurate when they were coming up with ideas and yet still found themselves in shit loads of space.

Organisation that Rafa had earlier in the season has almost completely gone. Dunno whether it's down to chopping and changing the formation, or the inevitable result of simply bad players being exposed for what they are.

We're gonna win this. 3-1.

You're insane...but my god do I hope you are right.

It's more out of blind hope than anything :lol:

I'm not convinced by Leicester though. Our poor play is doing wonders for them. Let's have a go at them and see what happens.

Guest firetotheworks

...and THAT is why, as shit as Elliot is, he should still be playing ahead of Darlow at all times. Yeah, Merino gave it away sloppily and the shot should have been stopped, but that attempt at a save was pathetic and embarrassing. Those sort of basic ricks are why he was dropped for Elliot in the first place and it seems like nothing has changed, absolutely rubbish from him, don't rate him at all. 

Elliott is not saving that

We don't know that, personally I'd expect even Elliot to save that. What we do know for certain is that Darlow didn't save it and he should have. Elliot's the unfashionable choice because he's shit, fat, and wanked off Pardew, but objectively he's just simply an obviously better goalkeeper than Darlow purely because Darlow is much more prone to basic, costly mistakes.

Got beat from a similar distance by Shaqiri

Unless they're very similar shots, there's no real comparison tbh. Elliot's Shaqiri and Coutinho goals should arguably have been saved, and they're certainly in the 'could have done better' bracket. AFAIC Darlow's was far more clear-cut and definitely should have been saved by any Premier League or Championship level 'keeper.

Really, rage-inducingly terrible how often they misplaced passes or made passes that didn't need to be accurate when they were coming up with ideas and yet still found themselves in s*** loads of space.

Organisation that Rafa had earlier in the season has almost completely gone. Dunno whether it's down to chopping and changing the formation, or the inevitable result of simply bad players being exposed for what they are.

What I was most thinking about. We look so disorganized in every sector of the pitch. At least we looked organized in the beginning of the season.