Newcastle United v Brighton & Hove Albion - 30/12/2017 @ 15.00

Robster

Think this is probably the closest we've come to a 'must win' tbh. A draw will probably keep us out of the bottom three but we've simply got to start winning some home games. We deserved to beat West Ham and we put up a terrific fight tonight; let's have Atsu, Merino and Gayle all in from the start and build on the better feeling about the place. Then it's the window and fucking howay.

Looking forward to it.

Agreed, win here and we’ve got 21 points from 21 games, which sets us up nicely for a few incoming players (:lol:) and hopefully improved performances.

Elliot

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Manquillo

Ritchie Saivet Merino Atsu

Gayle Joselu

This is the team I would go for, although I'm not convinced by Clark. There's good reasons to not pick Clark, Lejuene, Mbemba and Dummet to play alongside Lascelles. I genuinely don't know who to plump for. Otherwise, this team please.

Can't stand Brighton.  They were gifted a place in the Premier League by being awarded 643 penalties over the course of the season, their fans are polite-clapping cunts, and they've got some really unlikeable players such as Knockeart and Hemed.  Love Hughton though, top bloke!

I'd like to see Saivet and Merino as our midfield pair, and Gayle up top.  Not too bothered about the rest.

Not sure of the evidence Saivet will be involved at all if the other three are fit.

Shelvey and Diame won't have the legs to go again and I'm just really tired of Hayden lately so I'd rather see him.  :lol:

:thup:

If we beat Brighton we'll have balanced it to 0 points off one another. If we don't then Brighton have taken more from us than vice versa. I know it's not that simple like, but I'm using that theory as a basis vs all the teams around us because by and large most of them are beating one another and the teams at the very top are very rarely dropping many points against the bottom 5 or 6.

Can't stand Brighton.  They were gifted a place in the Premier League by being awarded 643 penalties over the course of the season, their fans are polite-clapping c***s, and they've got some really unlikeable players such as Knockeart and Hemed.  Love Hughton though, top bloke!

I'd like to see Saivet and Merino as our midfield pair, and Gayle up top.  Not too bothered about the rest.

Haha! I genuinely like Brighton (might be biased as I lived there for a while). One of the best cities in the country, solid affable fanbase who have supported there team through some truly genuine bullshit over the last 2 decades. Well run and managed club who came up organically and of course big Chris at the helm. That said I hope we pump 'em tomorrow and furthermore we can both avoid relegation.