Newcastle United v Swansea City - 13/01/2018 @ 15:00 (no TV)

We sold our main goals from last season and replaced them with two loans, neither really worked out

Sorry to cherry pick one statement Groo, but you don't think Tammy Abraham has worked out? I've seen articles where pundits are putting him on the plane to the WC.

(I personally think it would be a good idea for us to sign Sturridge or Carroll, assuming they're up for grabbing their last WC chance)

We sold our main goals from last season and replaced them with two loans, neither really worked out

Sorry to cherry pick one statement Groo, but you don't think Tammy Abraham has worked out? I've seen articles where pundits are putting him on the plane to the WC.

(I personally think it would be a good idea for us to sign Sturridge or Carroll, assuming they're up for grabbing their last WC chance)

Reckon the Tammy Abraham love in has died down since the start of the season, mind.

Selling Llorente and Sigurdsson and not replacing them is a right cunts trick.

I wouldn't say it's must win, if we lose we'll still probably be in the same situation, but clearly a win would be very welcome and should easily be achievable tbh. Last couple of games we've played alright and they're dreadful.

We really need to put away the chances we will get though, which sadly has been the problem all season

With the Brighton game fresh in memory, this will probably end up as a draw.

Hope, of course, that we get all 3 points.

Hopefully the midfield can step it up, and with atsu and perez seemingly hitting some form, maybe thats enough.

Guest neesy111

I'd be surprised if it was anything other than a 1-0, 2-1 either way, or a 1-1 draw.

Aye, can't see how we could win 3-0 tomorrow.

Only thing I would say in our favour is I can't see Swansea sitting back which will suit us.

I'd be surprised if it was anything other than a 1-0, 2-1 either way, or a 1-1 draw.

Aye, can't see how we could win 3-0 tomorrow.

Only thing I would say in our favour is I can't see Swansea sitting back which will suit us.

If we play as well as we did against Stoke it’s likely, imo. I do think that unfortunately Swansea will be much better organised/harder to break down.

Would like to see Perez start again but have a feeling Rafa might be seeing him as an away match starter (Luton aside, obviously.) personally I’d start Perez with Joselu and Shelvey/Merino alongside Diame. Also the same back line that started the cup tie as they’re the most in-form 4 for me.