Newcastle United 1 - 1 Swansea City - 13/01/18 - Post-match reaction from pg16

Dave

Same as Brighton game, just not good enough. Way too cautious at home. Need to man the fuck up and have a go.

Our lack of investment approaching the midway point of the transfer window is appalling. Rafa is polishing turds every week.

Not impressed with Rafa's subs there; seemed to me like he was happy with a draw. Pretty shocking not making the final sub.

Should definitely have brought Murphy on like. Playing with confidence and in good form yet leaves him on the bench when we need a goal to win it, pretty baffling that.

Guest firetotheworks

I can accept the result, but the way that we somehow thought that 1-1 at home to Swansea was an okay result and didn't fully go for it after equalising is genuinely pitiful and unacceptable from any Newcastle team.

Not impressed with Rafa's subs there; seemed to me like he was happy with a draw. Pretty shocking not making the final sub.

Should definitely have brought Murphy on like. Playing with confidence and in good form yet leaves him on the bench when we need a goal to win it, pretty baffling that.

Completely.

I can accept the result, but the way that we somehow thought that 1-1 at home to Swansea was an okay result and didn't fully go for it is genuinely pitiful and unacceptable from any Newcastle team.

So spot on

Fucking awful result and second half performance.  Yet another game where we start ok, have chances and then the opposition adjust and we look toothless and clueless. 

The squad is nowhere near good enough.  As proven by not being able to beat the worst team in the league, at home. 

I didnt think there was anything wrong with our approach. Invited them a little bit forward, robbed the ball and hit them. Our approach was what delivered us a lot of chances but we couldn't finish anything.