Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Fwiw my mate supports Ajax and is very hot on this guy. Says he's easily a mid-table striker: "Besides maybe insane pace, he's got everything you'd want in a modern striker; very strong, good hold-up play, work-rate and finishing. He's got a winners mentality too, really good signing- for where you are-if you land him".

Based on that, I can see why Rafa would be in for him. Weak eyebrow game aside, I'd be quite happy should this go through.

Lets just hope if he signs, he's not like our last centre-forward from Denmark - a certain Frank Pingel. Older Mags will remember him!

JDT wasn't a striker - he was am AMC when he joined.

5 goals between them!

I was fortunate enough  to see Pingel score.

At least we're interested in someone from the best Scandinavian country

He's not Swedish.

hahahhaha.

You are joking right?

Don't bite, man. Doing Scandinavia a disservice.

:lol:

Anyway. We should sign Dolberg instead.

If we won't pay €20 million for Jørgensen, you think we'll cough up twice that for Dolberg?

we wont pay, he wont come - just saying i would like us to go for him instead coz he could be top quality long term.

Lets just hope if he signs, he's not like our last centre-forward from Denmark - a certain Frank Pingel. Older Mags will remember him!

JDT wasn't a striker - he was am AMC when he joined.

5 goals between them!

I was fortunate enough  to see Pingel score.

Pingel i remember...and Løvenkrands :)

You could also mention Dahl Tomassen - twice Top goalscorer for Heerenveen in Holland.

Why do all the Scandinavians hate each other? I always got the impression you guys loved everybody and everything. Thought you’d got all that out of your system with the Vikings.

It's sibling rivalry. We're allowed to pick on eachother, but if someone else picks on any of the three we'll team up because we're retarded like that.

:lol:

Feyenoord "Attempts to reach a deal with Lee Charnley and NUFC have proved to be exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time"

I would love it if all clubs responded with that to our derisory offers. :lol:

This is the best Rafa can come up with for £20m? Hope he knows what he's doing.

He could be 9th on Rafa's strikers list for all we know, after Ashley's stricken off the rest due to wages/transfer/age being too high.

I hope this doesn't end up being one of his N'gog or Riera type gambles.

He signed some utter s**** at Liverpool.

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=97780.msg5916870#msg5916870

But when he gets it right, he really gets it right - Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Reina.

Mate I dont need reminding.  I was around.  No disrespect but im guessing you were six. My Dad and brother are Liverpool fans. So its something I know and hear a lot about.

Back in them days, they had one of the best midfielders in the world who could play the game on his own, Gerrard. Rafa was extremely lucky to have that Liverpool side when Gerrard was around. But to be honest thats no disrespect to what Rafa did while he was there. He signed some howlers but equally he got some really good players through the doors.

I was only pointing out, he did sign some poor players. I can eat my thoughts if this lad is good, I have honesty never heard of him.

And for me thats quite a thing as I usually have knowledge of quite a few leagues, but this guy and the German link, I really have not a clue. But 🤞👍🏻

Do you not think Rafa himself knows it as well?

Guest reefatoon

It's great coming in this morning to news that we had bid a significant amount of money for striker at last . . . .

Wait, what's that, he is a Danish Striker playing in the Dutch league?

giphy.gif

This is the best Rafa can come up with for £20m? Hope he knows what he's doing.

People seem to forget that:

A - We're shit

B - We don't like spending money on wages.

So yeah, not the greatest attraction for players wanting a big move. Looks a bit like a poor man's Harry Kane to me. Albeit Harry Kane when he was on loan at Norwich and everyone thought he was rubbish.

I'm Danish and has followed Jørgensen for some years. Was a great talent when young and was sold to Leverkusen in Germany, got a few matches but never really got it going. Switched back to FC Copenhagen where he was great, at times probably the best striker in the Danish league. 51 goals in 137 matches for FC Copenhagen. He has played as offensive midfielder and as a winger for them as well.

In Feyenoord he's been playing as a striker. Had a very good 1st season for them, this season has been decent, been injured a couple of times and Feyenoord as club hasn't performed well either.

But I would say he's nowhere near worth €20m and i'm not convinced that he's the guy that can score goals for us.

Im Danish as well and have the same view on Jørgensen as Michael.

Normally i would be excited when Danes are linked with NUFC but in this case not so much.

I think he is good but not really (that) suited for the PL - he should rather go to Spain or Italy imo.

If he was signed as a 2nd or 3rd choice for less money it would be ok....but i do not see him as our saviour.

(we should sign Delaney who is a box to box CM from Werder Bremen)

Another Dane here.

Haven't been impressed with him when he has played as a striker for our NT. He's strong, technically good, his holdup-play is great but he's slow as fuck. He was very good for FC Copenhagen but they mostly played him as a winger or AM. However, it's impressive to win the Dutch league with Feyenoord, become topscorer in the league (and 2nd most assist in the league) in your first season in a new country. Unfortunately, he hasn't managed to continue those kind of stats this season but has also had a couple of injuries.

I think he'd be a flop here.

I'm Danish and has followed Jørgensen for some years. Was a great talent when young and was sold to Leverkusen in Germany, got a few matches but never really got it going. Switched back to FC Copenhagen where he was great, at times probably the best striker in the Danish league. 51 goals in 137 matches for FC Copenhagen. He has played as offensive midfielder and as a winger for them as well.

In Feyenoord he's been playing as a striker. Had a very good 1st season for them, this season has been decent, been injured a couple of times and Feyenoord as club hasn't performed well either.

But I would say he's nowhere near worth €20m and i'm not convinced that he's the guy that can score goals for us.

Im Danish as well and have the same view on Jørgensen as Michael.

Normally i would be excited when Danes are linked with NUFC but in this case not so much.

I think he is good but not really (that) suited for the PL - he should rather go to Spain or Italy imo.

If he was signed as a 2nd or 3rd choice for less money it would be ok....but i do not see him as our saviour.

(we should sign Delaney who is a box to box CM from Werder Bremen)

Another Dane here.

Haven't been impressed with him when he has played as a striker for our NT. He's strong, technically good, his holdup-play is great but he's slow as fuck. He was very good for FC Copenhagen but they mostly played him as a winger or AM. However, it's impressive to win the Dutch league with Feyenoord, become topscorer in the league (and 2nd most assist in the league) in your first season in a new country. Unfortunately, he hasn't managed to continue those kind of stats this season but has also had a couple of injuries.

I think he'd be a flop here.

Boom, sign him up.

Got to say I'm pretty stunned by the negative reaction to this, particularly from those who say they've never heard of him. People saying it's 'very worrying' ffs, I guess trusting Rafa isn't a thing after all.

I don't know anything about the guy and more than happy to read the views from those who do actually watch that league and/or have seen him play internationals, be they positive or negative. He's a good age and has scored a lot of goals in recent seasons, that's promising enough for me at this stage.

It just shows how desperate and downtrodden we've become under this owner that people seem to expect incredible signings in this price range despite it being the going rate for any average to reasonable player nowadays. Ashley's seemingly got everyone convinced that we can't afford to make a single mistake.

The fact that this deal may break our transfer record means absolutely nothing, in fact it's embarrassing.

Rant over. :lol: