Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Got to say I'm pretty stunned by the negative reaction to this, particularly from those who say they've never heard of him. People saying it's 'very worrying' ffs, I guess trusting Rafa isn't a thing after all.

I don't know anything about the guy and more than happy to read the views from those who do actually watch that league and/or have seen him play internationals, be they positive or negative. He's a good age and has scored a lot of goals in recent seasons, that's promising enough for me at this stage.

It just shows how desperate and downtrodden we've become under this owner that people seem to expect incredible signings in this price range despite it being the going rate for any average to reasonable player nowadays. Ashley's seemingly got everyone convinced that we can't afford to make a single mistake.

The fact that this deal may break our transfer record means absolutely nothing, in fact it's embarrassing.

Rant over. :lol:

I guess my worry with regards to "trusting Rafa" is, was this Rafas first choice striker, or number 9-10 on the list once we'd removed wage limitations and transfer fee limitations. I believe given free reign of the money for this year Rafa would have been able to sign a player of higher quality and of experience already to play in the PL, regardless of our position. I guess the worry comes as we are still taking a risk bringing someone in from abroad with no experience of the league and whether they can actually do it at this level when we know the club needs someone who can come in and score at this level.

As you say, breaking our record means nothing when £20m is the going rate for a good Championship striker now.

Odd move. As a Danish journalist, I’ve been following Jørgensen since he returned to Copenhagen from Leverkusen. Strong, decent finisher, technically adept, but.. he lacks pace and has had attitude problems. Like Kenedy, he doesn’t seem to fit Rafa’s preferred player personality

If we get this one in, do we really have players who'll create the chances? Our midfielders seem average at best. Chances have been a premium for us. Not like we have had loads of chances and not a good striker to finish them off. Joselu and Gayle are average too. Really concerned we're seemingly splashing money on this guy. Would rather go for a proven goalscorer in the poacher type if at all possible.

We're 9th in the league for chances created iirc. Our problem has been putting them away.

It seems some here don't think we create any chances. We are 9th in the league in number of shots, 7th in shots on target and around the same in chances created. We have created enough chances to be way higher in the table. it's only due to Joselu/Gayle/Perez not scoring enough that has hindered us so far. I said it in another thread. We are a decent striker from a top 9 place in the league. We don't need a top scorer, just someone who does his job properly.

Saw the goals from the 16/17 season YT video, my impression is he's a blonde Charlie Austin. Nothing flash, but seems to pop up in the right places to put the ball away. Some of the defending and goalkeeping was shite mind.