Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Got to say I'm pretty stunned by the negative reaction to this, particularly from those who say they've never heard of him. People saying it's 'very worrying' ffs, I guess trusting Rafa isn't a thing after all.

I don't know anything about the guy and more than happy to read the views from those who do actually watch that league and/or have seen him play internationals, be they positive or negative. He's a good age and has scored a lot of goals in recent seasons, that's promising enough for me at this stage.

It just shows how desperate and downtrodden we've become under this owner that people seem to expect incredible signings in this price range despite it being the going rate for any average to reasonable player nowadays. Ashley's seemingly got everyone convinced that we can't afford to make a single mistake.

The fact that this deal may break our transfer record means absolutely nothing, in fact it's embarrassing.

Rant over. :lol:

I guess my worry with regards to "trusting Rafa" is, was this Rafas first choice striker, or number 9-10 on the list once we'd removed wage limitations and transfer fee limitations. I believe given free reign of the money for this year Rafa would have been able to sign a player of higher quality and of experience already to play in the PL, regardless of our position. I guess the worry comes as we are still taking a risk bringing someone in from abroad with no experience of the league and whether they can actually do it at this level when we know the club needs someone who can come in and score at this level.

As you say, breaking our record means nothing when £20m is the going rate for a good Championship striker now.

:thup:

I do trust Rafa, just when looking at this particular 27 year olds career it's similar to Luuk de Jong. Scored well in Holland, couldn't score in Germany. In fairness he was very young when in Germany. While there has been some major successes of players from Holland as strikers, it feels there's more that have come and never replicated that form, and it's that certainly taints my view a little. Really our budget for a striker should be higher, especially considering €14million is probably less than what Gayle could have gone to Fulham for.

Fwiw there's nothing wrong with feeling a transfer might be risky and still trusting Rafa in it.

I like the look of Jorgensen from the clips I've watched. Tall but doesn't look lumbering at all. Looks pretty mobile and athletic to me. Finishes with conviction and confidence too. Would be a big upgrade for us I think.

I could see him coming in and having the kind of impact Grazziano Pelle had for Southampton a few seasons ago. Don't remember too many thinking Pelle would amount to what he did either.

It's so hard to make any judgement really. I'd just be happy knowing that Rafa got someone he scouted and rates.

Come on the toon!

Rafas got some highly questionable transfers on his resume and given the state of some of the goalscorers that have come to England from the eredivisie previously (excluding the minority that showed star talent as a teenager) I'd say the scepticism towards this transfer is more than justified.

Journalist (Marcel van de Kraan??) from Holland on Talksport (who “talks to Jorgensen every week.”) basically warning that he doesn’t see him as being a success in England. Also generally suggesting extreme caution in signing all but the very best of the Eredivisie.

His 2nd part of that Tweet made me laugh, wonder if that is the same ‘gut feeling’ that he had when he said the takeover would happen.

Sky being fed all sorts of propaganda by the club at the minute, which worries me massively.

Its been clear Sky are Ashley's mouthpiece since August.

Journalist (Marcel van de Kraan??) from Holland on Talksport (who “talks to Jorgensen every week.”) basically warning that he doesn’t see him as being a success in England. Also generally suggesting extreme caution in signing all but the very best of the Eredivisie.

Sounds like he is one of Ashley's kind of players.

I agree that Sky appear to be well fishy when it comes to Ashley, I just can't see what's in it for them though. They're probably just be too lazy to talk to people with a different view to their boys, I doubt they give enough of a shit about what has been happening here to dig into it.

I agree that Sky appear to be well fishy when it comes to Ashley, I just can't see what's in it for them though. They're probably just be too lazy to talk to people with a different view to their boys, I doubt they give enough of a s*** about what has been happening here to dig into it.

The attention of a massive, passionate fan base.

I agree that Sky appear to be well fishy when it comes to Ashley, I just can't see what's in it for them though. They're probably just be too lazy to talk to people with a different view to their boys, I doubt they give enough of a s*** about what has been happening here to dig into it.

They don't give a shit so they just go off what's been leaked to them by the club, telling Sky who'll then tell the fans that they tried their best to sign a striker but just couldn't get him over the line. The utter morons will lap it up but the gargantuan majority see straight through it.

Rafas got some highly questionable transfers on his resume and given the state of some of the goalscorers that have come to England from the eredivisie previously (excluding the minority that showed star talent as a teenager) I'd say the scepticism towards this transfer is more than justified.

This is such a bloody weird statement man  :lol:

Can you tell me which manager doesn't if you don't mind? I'll wait. Thanks.

Guest firetotheworks

Going off the very limited clips I've seen of him, considering he's not a particularly pacey player, he seems to get a lot of his goals by beating the offside trap.

The attention of a massive, passionate fan base.

Exclusive interviews from the owner to Craigy help too.

Going off the very limited clips I've seen of him, considering he's not a particularly pacey player, he seems to get a lot of his goals by beating the offside trap.

I think he looks really good in those clips. He looks like he moves really well. Doesn't look like he is slow at all.

People always go on about the Eredevise, but for the most part the more physically impressive guys with good goal scoring records tend to do well.

Bony was fantastic at Swansea, Pelle at Southampton, Bas Dost went on to do amazing in Germany and now Portugal. We can't keep waiting for these guys to do amazing things elsewhere and then go after them when everyone else is sure of them too and they cost stupid money.

I think he looks really good in those clips. He looks like he moves really well. Doesn't look like he is slow at all.

People always go on about the Eredevise, but for the most part the more physically impressive guys with good goal scoring records tend to do well.

Bony was fantastic at Swansea, Pelle at Southampton, Bas Dost went on to do amazing in Germany and now Portugal. We can't keep waiting for these guys to do amazing things elsewhere and then go after them when everyone else is sure of them too and they cost stupid money.

That's right assuming we were a normal club in a normal position.  My worry is that we desperately need someone who is going to put them away, so we can't really take too much of a risk, and going off some of the reviews of the people who know him, I'm not sure this is who we should be 'splashing out' on.

My point is people suggest we should trust every decision he makes to the end of the earth, I'm just pointing out he's made some bad ones. I'd say during his time at Liverpool the bad transfers out weigh the good ones.

My point is people suggest we should trust every decision he makes to the end of the earth, I'm just pointing out he's made some bad ones. I'd say during his time at Liverpool the bad transfers out weigh the good ones.

I'm pretty sure Big Mike will agree with you, so don't worry, we won't take that risk.