The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Insane how much they missed Aguero. Jesus was shite, regardless of service and how well Liverpool defended.

All 4 ties over for me. Rancid.

:thup:

Shocked at how badly that City frontline played. Sane got better last 10, but his first half was the worst performance I've seen from him.

Criminal that Man City didn't get close to scoring there - they dominated the second half with pretty passing but wouldn't have scored in 10 hours.

Gabriel Jesus genuinely did nothing apart from a late booking.

Hate Liverpool.

Insane how much they missed Aguero. Jesus was shite, regardless of service and how well Liverpool defended.

All 4 ties over for me. Rancid.

:thup:

Shocked at how badly that City frontline played. Sane got better last 10, but his first half was the worst performance I've seen from him.

I'm not really, if you are going to play 3 center backs and 1 winger it's pretty obvious what's going to happen. The defenders are going to find it hard playthrough Liverpool's forwards and there's no outlet so Liverpool's defenders and midfielders can push up without fear of being hit the other way.

It's just a mixture of things which leads to everything playing into what Liverpool want, fair play to them they took advantage but none of it is surprising  once you see the lineup.

I would have been surprised if it ended any differently, i don't think Aguero would have made much difference either. It's just a crux of the problematic choices Pep made behind Jesus.

No idea why he thought it was anyway a good idea tbh, but considering he's made similar mistakes before i suppose it isn't surprising.

Mole I hope to fucking god you're not trying to insinuate here that City's tactic was obviously bad to you but not Pep Guardiola? :lol:

They might have just played shite and Liverpool played well.

No, that's exactly what he's saying :lol:

Penalty to Man City denied by the linesman on the nearside as well, just shown on BT sport

VAR would have denied Liverpool's first, allowed Man City's offside goal and awarded City a penalty.  Could have been 2-2 (obviously circumstances would chance so it wouldnt but whatever).  People can whine about it all they want but 3 massive decisions were wrong tonight

Mole I hope to fucking god you're not trying to insinuate here that City's tactic was obviously bad to you but not Pep Guardiola? :lol:

They might have just played shite and Liverpool played well.

Yes i am, i'm not for one minute stating i'm smarter than him. I'm not even smarter than fucking Pardew :lol:

But he has a history of this, when the pressure is on overthinks things to the point of detriment to his team. He's still a fantastic manager but every manager has flaws and his flaw is that he's an obsessive freak who is obsessed with preventing his team with being unpredictable to gameplan for.

It's why he signed Ibra, why he tried a 343 diamond at Barca and why he moved Lahm into midfield, you'll notice than when it matters none of this actually yielded positive results.

Look at what happened tonight, he opted to bench Sterling and play 3 CBs. What this meant was that Liverpool knew they could push up without the fear of being countered and they could squeeze City so they couldn't play through them. Honestly this part i could have told you before the game, as it's just common sense. If you don't have an outlet to break the pressure then it's going to be very difficult for your center backs to play through a forward line like Liverpool's and therefore allow the midfield to support the attack and everything flows from there.

Guardiola is human, he makes mistakes but mainly the argument here is he tried something which is overthinking the situtation and he has a history of doing so for the reasons i've mentioned.

Because he makes these mistakes and i notice them doesn't make me special or anything :lol: I could say the same about Benitez tbh but the reality there is or 99.9% of the time he makes decision that i or any other fan doesn't see. I'm just pointed out that Guardiola has a history of in the worst moments overthinking the situation.

He did it at Barca ( although less often) he did it at Bayern, he did at last season at City ( game against Spurs comes to mind)and he did it tonight. Honestly if it was just down to the players playing shite i'd say so but there were obvious tactical choices tonight which effected the result.

Honestly that's why these managers are at the top and i'm a laptop, they are able to implement their gameplans 99.9% of the time where as i might notice something like this every so often and look like a fucking mug the rest of the time but that doesn't mean i can't point out something when i see it clear as day.

Penalty to Man City denied by the linesman on the nearside as well, just shown on BT sport

VAR would have denied Liverpool's first, allowed Man City's offside goal and awarded City a penalty.  Could have been 2-2 (obviously circumstances would chance so it wouldnt but whatever).  People can whine about it all they want but 3 massive decisions were wrong tonight

Did Man City deserve a 2-2? Nah.

Would the game have followed the same pattern if the 1st was disallowed? Nah.

Is all of that a worthless comparison? Yes.

VAR would have been criminal in that game tonight, slowed down a really attacking first half to an unwatchable piece of garbage.

And from the evidence of VAR already in use, there is no guarantee they’d actually come to the right conclusion anyway. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Watching the Liverpool City match and it was a classic case of two halves. For Me Liverpool cannot and never will compete with City in terms of possession because that’s not their game. It’s hard to pass and keep the ball when you play fast paced, frenetic in your face type of football where taking a risk losing the ball but getting in behind is considered a positive. City on the other hand you feel if they lose the ball it’s considered a negative. They slow the game right down and although they can play a quick tempo game in the final 3rd when they do turn it on, it’s not and never will be like how Liverpool do it. As a style of play, I much prefer Liverpool and to of the two styles, theirs is the hardest to defend against, but also the hardest to keep up. It’s 3-0, but if Man City keep playing the way they do which is now their DNA, they can score 3 or more goals easily and may do so. Liverpool can also score a couple. I personally think it’s a delicately balanced match. My LFC supporting mate was kind of disappointed they didn’t get a 4th and let Man City have the ball, but I thought Klopp played it superbly in keeping that clean sheet because they will score away for sure. Furthermore it’s so hard to maintain that level of performance especially against a side like Man City. I fancy LFC to go through, but wouldn’t be surprised if City did. I’d prefer LFC to go through of course as Klopp is more likeable and so is his team and LFC as a club. The more success clubs without a sugar daddy or sovereign state have, the better. Great game either way.