The other games today 2018/19

Greg

:lol: No VAR at this game either, then?

:lol: Why is the implementation of VAR so shit?

There is VAR. Commentators so desperate to discuss it they've asked their 'ref expert' his opinion on the Smalling  'handball' incident twice.

:lol: No VAR at this game either, then?

:lol: Why is the implementation of VAR so shit?

There is VAR. Commentators so desperate to discuss it they've asked their 'ref expert' his opinion on the Smalling  'handball' incident twice.

:lol: I love that you've taken all the worst shit in our sports and made it worse. Ref expert, ffs. Thought Ray Charles was dead.

Guest firetotheworks

Mata seems to be the only forward player that isn't just playing so within themselves. Even by Mourinho standards, never remember a side of his being quite this dour.

It's a funny one. Whenever I watch them, they seem decent away from home on the break, but that's it. Aside from that they're a typical, boring Mourinho team, but without the truly star players that he's had in the past to make a really strong push for titles that he's had elsewhere. Obviously the players are still very, very good, but as an example Lukaku isn't Drogba, Ibrahimovic, or Benzema (at least at the moment anyway) and why Mourinho keeps insisting on playing Pogba in a two at all, I don't know.

Mata seems to be the only forward player that isn't just playing so within themselves. Even by Mourinho standards, never remember a side of his being quite this dour.

It's a funny one. Whenever I watch them, they seem decent away from home on the break, but that's it. Aside from that they're a typical, boring Mourinho team, but without the truly star players that he's had in the past to make a really strong push for titles that he's had elsewhere. Obviously the players are still very, very good, but as an example Lukaku isn't Drogba, Ibrahimovic, or Benzema (at least at the moment anyway) and why Mourinho keeps insisting on playing Pogba in a two at all, I don't know.

Has to fit him in somewhere but can't play him further forward where he should be playing as he can't drop Lingard & the likes who have been much better than Pogba this season. The result is him strolling out of position constantly and not covering his defensive duty.

He's the arch pragmatist, and will always live to his reputation in the big games. Feel he gets an unfair wrap on the whole though. He builds highly functional teams, but his Chelsea sides first time round scored goals - think they broke 100 in PL. In La Liga they broke 100 points, obviously helped by Ronaldo essentially starting you at least a goal up going in.

This side though are functional, have never looked open defensively throughout the season, but on the whole rather tame going forward.

On Pogba, he's clearly one hell of a talented player, but mentally he's lacking some way from ever being one of worlds best. No discipline to his game at all, and that's on nobody but him. Think Mou's indulged him far too much, and needs to take a serious look at himself. 

Guest firetotheworks

Has to fit him in somewhere but can't play him further forward where he should be playing as he can't drop Lingard & the likes who have been much better than Pogba this season. The result is him strolling out of position constantly and not covering his defensive duty.

It's the perfect opportunity to put him back in there because Lingard's gone back to his shite self in the past month.