Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

He’s made saves you’d expect a professional keeper to make. His kicking and command of the area seems to be waning by the game (started awfully on Saturday). Maybe it’s the pressure of Dubravka being available again but he’s nowhere near as good. The difference we saw for 2.5 years all round compared to what Darlow & Elliot conjured up the half year before he signed is massive.

Dubravka has got better in the time he has been away.

Has the same kicking and command of area problems as darlow, is definitely the better keeper but can’t really drop darlow if he is still making saves and keeping clean sheets

Has the same kicking and command of area problems as darlow, is definitely the better keeper but can’t really drop darlow if he is still making saves and keeping clean sheets

Nonsense :lol: :lol: Only need to have a look at any page in this thread to see he has been highly rated during his entire time here.

Darlows kicking is a genuine liability, and while he has been very good this season, he just can't  compare to Dubravka.

Unless Dubravka isn't fully fit, he should be number 1.

Nonsense :lol: :lol: Only need to have a look at any page in this thread to see he has been highly rated during his entire time here.

Darlows kicking is a genuine liability, and while he has been very good this season, he just can't  compare to Dubravka.

He is but what I’m saying is everyone says ‘ darlow makes mistakes / is a liability with kicking etc ‘ where dubravka also made a number of high profile mistakes and his kicking is his weakest attribute

Aye WTF? :lol:

Those were the 2 things that were noticeably better about Dubz when we first signed him.  His distribution is decent and, almost just as importantly, he looks confident doing it.  Command of his area is fine aswell and if you watch him he seems to be constantly talking to his defenders.

My main criticism of Dubravka is that he does have a mistake in him but i suspect that’s mainly down to the amount of shots he has to face.

I think you have to remember that Dubravka didn't lose his place through poor performances. He just got injured.

While Darlow has done well to fill in, we shouldn't forget that last time when Dubravka arrived it was an immediate and noticeable step up in quality. Those that don't acknowledge that have very short memories.

Dubs main asset was he was a great shot stopper, which is what Darlow has done well. But I remember Dubs also holds on to more things which in turn alleviates pressure and also seems to organise the defense.

Problem is there is no way to keep both happy long term. You drop Darlow now and it's a massive kick in the bollocks. Also if you leave Dubraka out too long you risk losing him to another team eventually.

I think you have to remember that Dubravka didn't lose his place through poor performances. He just got injured.

While Darlow has done well to fill in, we shouldn't forget that last time when Dubravka arrived it was an immediate and noticeable step up in quality. Those that don't acknowledge that have very short memories.

Dubs main asset was he was a great shot stopper, which is what Darlow has done well. But I remember Dubs also holds on to more things which in turn alleviates pressure and also seems to organise the defense.

Problem is there is no way to keep both happy long term. You drop Darlow now and it's a massive kick in the bollocks. Also if you leave Dubraka out too long you risk losing him to another team eventually.

You could see and hear at Arsenal in the FA Cup who much calmer we seemed and how much louder he was. Darlow’s done well not to make any clangers which he’s prone to in each of his spells in the first team. Dubravka makes individual mistakes too but for the difference in quality I’d have him every time and he should be playing now.

It's easy to hide behind the excuse that Darlow's done well so he doesn't deserve to be dropped, but that's why you need managers with some conviction. Dubravka is the better keeper, it was apparent in the cup game he played. Lack of decision making ends up costing in the long run, Dubravka will want away and we'll be left with a weaker team. Now is actually a great time to drop Darlow, his value is high and we could get a decent fee for him if he wanted to move on.

A few press people have commented that with the empty stadiums it becomes apparent how vocal Dubravka is compared to Darlow. Seemingly it was very obvious during the Cup game at The Emirates. Aside from that Dubravka is the far more commanding goalkeeper and shot stopping they are pretty similar. Darlow has came in and done far better than anyone expected but for me, now that Dubravka is fit he should be back in goal.

Aye WTF? :lol:

Those were the 2 things that were noticeably better about Dubz when we first signed him.  His distribution is decent and, almost just as importantly, he looks confident doing it.  Command of his area is fine aswell and if you watch him he seems to be constantly talking to his defenders.

My main criticism of Dubravka is that he does have a mistake in him but i suspect that’s mainly down to the amount of shots he has to face.

Fair enough maybe I have forgotten him has been a while to be fair

Darlow has been good this season, but it’s the same thing that always happens when a good to average keeper is busy. They look better than they are because they’re making 7 or 8 saves a game to keep their team in it.

Pickford is exactly the same. Been shown up to be distinctly average since moving from the mackems to Everton.

Darlow has far more errors in him than Dubravka and shouldn’t be in the team now the latter is fit.

As harsh as it would be to drop Darlow, due to the fact he has done nowt wrong.  It is elite sport and there isn't much room for sentiment. 

He played because Dubravka got injured and has performed admirably.  Dubravka is now back fit, is the number 1 keeper and the better player.  He should be back in now, 100%.

Guest neesy111

As harsh as it would be to drop Darlow, due to the fact he has done nowt wrong.  It is elite sport and there isn't much room for sentiment. 

He played because Dubravka got injured and has performed admirably.  Dubravka is now back fit, is the number 1 keeper and the better player.  He should be back in now, 100%.

This 100%.

This 100%.

Totally agree. Although I’m already dreading his first mistake when he’s brought back in as the reaction will be ridiculous.

This 100%.

Totally agree. Although I’m already dreading his first mistake when he’s brought back in as the reaction will be ridiculous.

I nearly added something like this in.  You can just hear Bruce now hanging him out to dry.  Then bringing Darlow back in until the end of the season.  That said, I'm not sure Dubs will even get back in unless Darlow gets injured or drops a couple of clangers close together. 

Dubrava is comfortably a better keeper and 100% should be in nets!

Darlow has done very well but has certainly rode his luck on numerous times when coming out for crosses etc - happened a few times all early on at Goodison!