Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

20 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

A bit of the old [Ashley inspired] me feels this way, but he owes us nothing, in fact he's been a tremendous player for us, so I can't feel any bitterness towards his departure. I do hope if he's going to Man U we rinse them, though.

Yeah, I do agree he did a decent job for us which I'm grateful for, and I didn't mean it as a dig at him.

What I mean is that I don't really want an unhappy player in the squad, staying when he doesn't want to.

Though, a part of me does feel that if he really thinks he should be No. 1 then he should back himself to prove that. But if he's not that confident and he's still unhappy, then I'd rather he moved on.

There will be a few difficult calls like that I'd guess, as the squad improves.

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Yeah, I do agree he did a decent job for us which I'm grateful for, and I didn't mean it as a dig at him.

What I mean is that I don't really want an unhappy player in the squad, staying when he doesn't want to.

Though, a part of me does feel that if he really thinks he should be No. 1 then he should back himself to prove that. But if he's not that confident and he's still unhappy, then I'd rather he moved on.

There will be a few difficult calls like that I'd guess, as the squad improves.

I didn't think so, just with the rumour of him throwing his gloves at Howe, I think I got drawn into that mindset.

9 minutes ago, buzza said:

Why would he want to go and sit on the bench at Manure, being on the same money as he would here (how loans normally work). DOESN´T MAKE SENSE!

Also, they really took the mick with Lingard, we should at least return the favour...

I was thinking that, but maybe they can offer different bonuses, I don't know. It would seem likely as any appearance bonuses that he would be entitled to here, would be lost, I think.

De Gea is an excellent keeper like. Surely that’s not open to discussion?
Had a few rough moments which are always costly in his position given the likely cost of such.

Still one of the top keepers in the league imo. 

13 minutes ago, buzza said:

Why would he want to go and sit on the bench at Manure, being on the same money as he would here (how loans normally work). DOESN´T MAKE SENSE!

Also, they really took the mick with Lingard, we should at least return the favour...

They do have European matches though - that could be up to 15 matches where he potentially starts, plus perhaps more likely to go on an extended cup run (although that's debatable this season), and maybe if DDG drops a few more clangers, maybe more chance of playing in the league as well. Plus maybe, at this stage, the 'Man Utd' factor might play a part.

It's frustrating for us because we are seemingly losing a fine keeper to basically play the same role at another PL club, but I can see it from Dubs POV.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Thia loan saves on wages, brings in fee's, opens up a squad place and assists in FFP. That's all that needs to happen. Darlow is a reasonable backup and has been content in that position.

Dubs is good but poor with his feet and has a pretty sizeable mistake in him 1 in 5 games. Take the financial benefits for a goalkeeper who turns 34 in January and roll with it

2 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Thia loan saves on wages, brings in fee's, opens up a squad place and assists in FFP. That's all that needs to happen. Darlow is a reasonable backup and has been content in that position.

Dubs is good but poor with his feet and has a pretty sizeable mistake in him 1 in 5 games. Take the financial benefits for a goalkeeper who turns 34 in January and roll with it

Such a good post this.  Nails it.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

What on earth is going on in this thread? Has there been a carbon monoxide leak? :lol:

Yep. Even if we've forgotten the clear improvement over Darlow & Elliot when he first signed, the increase in quality in goal after Christmas last season compared to before Christmas was huge.

Hope he stays, great club servant

Darlow is not good enough to be the No.2, he has unfortunately proven that over and over, so if Dubs goes someone else needs to come in - so a loan without obligation makes no sense. Whatever was saved on wages would be lost on a transfer fee.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Surely there’s some very old but capable GK we could bring in if Pope got hurt for an extended period of time. 

The only part of this I don’t like is it being a loan.

I can still see you coming in for Henderson to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Mansour said:

We should let him go if he wants to go there. Manchester is a great club, and I hope we do not deny him the opportunity to go there, particularly at this stage of his career.

Got to be fishing, but i'll bite anyway....

Why? At present we could realistically be finishing ahead of them for a few seasons. They've become the basket case club we were after Keegans first departure where no-one could get things right for whatever reason regardless of outspending most. 

Apart from a few extra £££ on the pay check or a serious falling out with EH there is no reason to sit on Man Us bench rather than ours

Just now, Froggy said:

I can still see you coming in for Henderson to be honest. 

Henderson's had a great start at Forest, looks like a very good keeper tbh but not the best team player, would expect to be no.1 wherever he goes

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Got to be fishing, but i'll bite anyway....

Why? At present we could realistically be finishing ahead of them for a few seasons. They've become the basket case club we were after Keegans first departure where no-one could get things right for whatever reason regardless of outspending most. 

Apart from a few extra £££ on the pay check or a serious falling out with EH there is no reason to sit on Man Us bench rather than ours

He will certainly be paid more, that should be enough of a reason to want to go there. Dubravka earns £ 38,077 per week (£ 1,980,000), while Brandon Williams earns £ 65,000 per week (£ 3,380,000). Of course, we do not owe Manchester anything, 5m is the absolute minimum price we should be considering, or get any of their promising players on loan with an option to buy.