Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

I thought it was classic dubravka tbh.  He made a lot of good saves - and quite a few he should have made in any case.  He was my MOTM, though it could be argued he could do better with the first.

Classic Dubravka is also doing this inconsistently.  He always was - he’d have a good game and a couple of mediocre / bad games.  It’s showing up more now because we’re not a shite team aiming to be a mediocre one. 

Just now, CallumG6 said:

Two great stops from him today, particularly that second one from Pritchard!

He’s settling into the role, gaining confidence. Think Eddie will go with him until Pope’s back

Not many teams have a second choice keeper as decent as him. Wouldn’t want him to be number 1 but as a back up he’s  excellent.

On 01/01/2024 at 21:53, Lush Vlad said:

Why? He’s been crap for the most part since coming back. Then brilliant tonight. 

Single handedly stopped it being a Rugby League score and deserves all the praise coming his way tonight. Shame the rest of them let him down. Defence have been woeful and placid, again. 

Great again today :cool:

10 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

To not condemn our players after their first few games in two years?

He was crap, nervy and/or rooted to his line for most of his 6-7 games prior to Liverpool. Also got a look in against Man U and did fine. So had plenty of time. I also still think he will get found out again between now and the end of the season. 

However. He has been quality the last two games and long may it continue. I 100% hope I’m wrong and it would help if we don’t have to waste money or a squad place on another keeper. 

I won’t be coming back here to quote you when he does drop a clanger, mind. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Did everything you want from your keeper really. Had very little to do due to our domination but when it came to it, two fantastic saves, one of which may have turned the game a bit if it went in.