Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

6 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I’m looking at it like this, dubs took a place in the 25man squad, we now have an extra space in the squad as all 3 of our keepers are now home grown players

Great shout but is that how home

grown works?

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Might had a gentleman's agreement with him?

He's too good to sit on the bench for a midtable side. 

Been a great servant and I wish him all the best. 

He will be sitting on their bench so absolutely no difference.

11 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Shocking deal. No chance they take up that permanent option.

We almost certainly will. Henderson hopefully have a good season and will be sold for £20-25m and we'll retain Dubravka. 

I would imagine there's a £1-2m loan fee, plus £5m buy option, and then his wages off your books. Don't see how it's an awful deal to be honest apart from that you're strengthening us. That's only an issue if you see us as rivals though. 

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We almost certainly will. Henderson hopefully have a good season and will be sold for £20-25m and we'll retain Dubravka. 

I would imagine there's a £1-2m loan fee, plus £5m buy option, and then his wages off your books. Don't see how it's an awful deal to be honest apart from that you're strengthening us. That's only an issue if you see us as rivals though. 

its not awful. It’s just not an ideal world. Some people just want it all. He wanted out. We needed a keeper off the books. We’ll get at least a few million for a 33 year old keeper with a poor injury record. Darlow is competent but not particularly great. That’s why he’s a no 2.  

It only becomes a ‘bad/terrible/shite’ deal if and when Pope gets injured.

Up until that point, it’s money for nothing. Hardly anyone has a quality second keeper these days. The days are Given and Harper are becoming less and less.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, SteV said:

It only becomes a ‘bad/terrible/shite’ deal if and when Pope gets injured.

Up until that point, it’s money for nothing. Hardly anyone has a quality second keeper these days. The days are Given and Harper are becoming less and less.

Man Utd will have two to be fair…

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

God I hope we've got a replacement lined up. Don't want to have to endure watching Darlow anything this season. 

What do people not get about the fact we don’t need 4 keepers. If there was any hint of Darlow going Dubravka would be staying. I’m confident in saying another keeper won’t be brought in 

I'm not attached to him as others are on here. He was a solid keeper under Rafa, who's form tailed off under Bruce. Every injury he came back worse, then since the Euro's has been a liability. It's taken to see what a proper goalkeeper looks like in our team for others to switch on. He doesn't have the time or the mental attitude to try and challenge for his place, and I can guarantee the period Pope would pick up a knock for us, Dubs would be a game or two behind. I actually though Darlow did well the other night, and I don't rate him at all. Maybe Howe has seen Darlow Vs Dubs in training and Howe doesn't see too much in it, which could easily be the case if Dub's heart isn't in it, as even when it is, he's not good enough. 

I cant be angry at him leaving.

I think were all forgetting just how good he was in his debut against manure - and afterwards, literally transformed our defence.

Things seemed to change after that Euros were I think he made a couple of errors not just the one linked above.

Good luck to him.

I think we are still slowly trying to move older players on, especially ones who are not in the starting 11.

Yes we would have kept him but long term it will be the right decision.

Just now, gdm said:

What do people not get about the fact we don’t need 4 keepers. If there was any hint of Darlow going Dubravka would be staying. I’m confident in saying another keeper won’t be brought in 

Well I've got a massive problem with our two remaining keepers if Pope gets injured. It should have been Gillespie or Darlow being let go, we're in deep shit if Pope picks up an injury now.