Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Well I've got a massive problem with our two remaining keepers if Pope gets injured. It should have been Gillespie or Darlow being let go, we're in deep shit if Pope picks up an injury now. 

You may well have a problem but you don’t pick the team. Just because you don’t rate Darlow doesn’t mean Howe doesn’t. 

ffs I think some people forget Rob Elliott was our number 1 in the not too distant past. Some are going way over the top about Darlow

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

He will be sitting on their bench so absolutely no difference.

He’ll get some games in Europe, so it’s not just to sit on a bench.

I can understand him wanting this. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

We almost certainly will. Henderson hopefully have a good season and will be sold for £20-25m and we'll retain Dubravka. 

I would imagine there's a £1-2m loan fee, plus £5m buy option, and then his wages off your books. Don't see how it's an awful deal to be honest apart from that you're strengthening us. That's only an issue if you see us as rivals though. 

We’re not just strengthening you, we’re weakening ourselves which is the main issue. 

Dubravka to Darlow is a huge drop off in class 

Edited by LV

Guest HTT II

To be fair, before we signed Pope, we were all relatively happy with our goalkeeping choices and many deemed signing Pope unnecessary, myself included.

Don't blame Dubravka for wanting the move and don't blame the club for letting him have it. It's a shame he's not up for a battle for the number 1 shirt here, but with the way Pope has started the season it's clear as day he's all but finished here. Wish him all the best, just a pity he's going to that particular piece of shit club, but there you go. 

Hopefully Pope stays fit.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dubravka to Pope is how it should be looked at though.

Sure.

I’m talking backup keepers here though. Darlow nowhere near Dubs levels. 

Dropping a single place down the league is worth far more than the loan fee muted. This means we're constantly crossing our fingers nothing happens to Pope for the next 34 games as the backup is now awful. But hey, at least Man U have solved their problem. No problem with Man U asking (bet they're pissing themselves), no problem with Dubravka asking for a move either (it happens, no biggy) but it now leaves us short and taking a risk that is absolutely needless. All for about a million or 2. Is it worth it? Is it fuck, it's a mistake. 

20 minutes ago, midds said:

Dropping a single place down the league is worth far more than the loan fee muted. This means we're constantly crossing our fingers nothing happens to Pope for the next 34 games as the backup is now awful. But hey, at least Man U have solved their problem. No problem with Man U asking (bet they're pissing themselves), no problem with Dubravka asking for a move either (it happens, no biggy) but it now leaves us short and taking a risk that is absolutely needless. All for about a million or 2. Is it worth it? Is it fuck, it's a mistake. 

What if its politically motivated? Let's say the club are going to push through big sponsor deals this year and need a few clubs on board (or at least abstaining) 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

What if its politically motivated? Let's say the club are going to push through big sponsor deals this year and need a few clubs on board (or at least abstaining) 

I think that's highly unlikely chap [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Bizzare this mind , we are literally improving Man United’s goalkeeping situation whilst making ours worse but not actually making any money out of it , don’t understand it at all.

fully agree but I trust EH 

If we are to prosper in this league we’ll need to work with the current ‘top 6’ and the sooner those clubs realise we are coming onboard, invited or not, the smoother those relationships will be. It looks like the ownership, in particular Amanda and Mehdad, are kicking off a hearts and minds campaign and the recent visit to Chelsea shows we are working on those relationships. Playing hardball with Man Utd over a 34 year old reserve keeper might be what we’d all like to do but it does us no favours in the future. This is realpolitik.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Fair enough, but makes more sense than just giving Dubs to Manu for no reason. :lol:

:lol: Absolutely

Unless they've got a deal set up for a young prospect to come in for a few quid then I can't see how this leaves us in a stronger position. 

6 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

If we are to prosper in this league we’ll need to work with the current ‘top 6’ and the sooner those clubs realise we are coming onboard, invited or not, the smoother those relationships will be. It looks like the ownership, in particular Amanda and Mehdad, are kicking off a hearts and minds campaign and the recent visit to Chelsea shows we are working on those relationships. Playing hardball with Man Utd over a 34 year old reserve keeper might be what we’d all like to do but it does us no favours in the future. This is realpolitik.

This is just insane fanfiction that has no relationship with reality.