Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

40 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Can't believe Man Utd are loaning one of our players. How the mighty have fallen :lol:

I wonder if they've considered wor Chris? That would seal the deal for me.

The thing is we do need to cut players from the squad before the end of the window. One of those probably has to be a keeper - but we've seemingly had no firm interest in Darlow. Dubravka has pushed for it so we've obviously decided to let him go. I think there's quite a few players we'd have took fees for if any interest appeared.

Disappointing on his behalf but I do understand it. He'll be guaranteed loads of Europe and cup games at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Considering his career to now I can see the attraction.

38 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This.

They'll play it clever, keep him shy of the appearance trigger and send him back.

We're then left with a keeper a year older, a year further away from last being first choice, and with a year less on his contact.

Meanwhile we weaken ourselves and strengthen them.

Feels like a really shit deal for us. Money up front or GTF.

Yup this is leaving us weaker and them stronger

18 minutes ago, maze said:

No. I want a much higher fee and a permanent move. £9-£12m, as I think he’s still good for 2-3 seasons in the EPL. 

If a player is forcing a move through it must make negotiations on the selling side difficult, you lose the leverage altogether and then you add in the factor that its Man United (who fucked us in Jan with the Lingaard deal). At 34 as injury prone as he is a few million extra seems about right but I dont feel that we are miles away here.. the issue is that the player wanted away. 

Edited by Nine

Not sure what could or could not have been done to convince him to stay or get a better price off manure but it is a total shitter of a deal for us on face of it, only scenario where the buy clause gets triggered is if he is playing well for them and the 5m is looking like a bargain.

I just hate that we seem to be bending to what Man U want, after the way they went on in January.

Happy to F**k us over on deadline day, but here we are, agreeing to their proposal just to avoid keeping a stroppy player.

Edited by TK-421

From a GK situation we aren't massively better off as Darlow is an injury away from starting games

Ultimately he wants away so the club have done what's needed to facilitate that. Whilst we don't owe him anything, we've seen how crucial squad harmony is to the work Howe has done and it's better to allow someone to have the move they want instead of them moping around. 

He's been a good keeper for us, so I have no issue with thanking him for that but I absolutely will not wish him well, I can't stand Man-U so I never want them to do well.

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Unpopular opinion, Darlow is fine for now as a backup keeper. Most clubs don’t have 2 PL starting-quality keepers. 

I'll throw in that Dubravka hasn't been the same since his injury as well.

2 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Unpopular opinion, Darlow is fine for now as a backup keeper. Most clubs don’t have 2 PL starting-quality keepers. 

I'm not too worried about Pope getting injured, and there's no rules that say he can't play in the cup games. Think we're likely going to put out a strong team against Palace if we want to progress.

Feel like there is a degree of PR lip service with the scrutiny on the club that we play nice and appear the good guys.. to a point. 

Don't have a problem with this one provided we get a loan fee. Just hope pope is fit until January when we can shift Darlow/Gillespie and get another backup. That young keeper we signed is also supposed to be highly rated. 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

The benefit is it gets one of our four goalkeepers off the books as we look to cut from 30 players to 25

.... and leaves us in the shit as we'll need a new keeper, because Darlow shouldn't even be backup. 

Injury to Pope leaves us in a shit position. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

.... and leaves us in the shit as we'll need a new keeper, because Darlow shouldn't even be backup. 

Injury to Pope leaves us in a shit position. 

FM22 vibes when you have to start with Darlow for the first 3 months of the season.