Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Thanks. Thought he wasn’t for some reason. 

I don’t think he’d be chucked in off the back of two bad games from Dubravka. I don’t even think he’d necessarily be any better. But I feel like Dubs could have done a lot better for a couple of goals and was basically directly at fault for another two. Not really great from 7 conceded. 

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

I can't recall ever seeing Gillespie in action, but Karius would not be an upgrade.

Sorry, but 'too hasty' is the trap I think you're falling into here.

I agree I could well be too hasty but generally when a keeper of Dubravka's standards (or was) you'd expect him to grab the Bull by the horns and basically die for the cause but he's succeeded in shipping 7 goals in 2 games (not all his fault....but) which will not endear him to the players trust and nor to the fan's trust either.

To be fair I'm not falling into any trap because it comes down to Him being given another chance to get up to speed against AC Milan, which I think will make or break his tenure between the posts.

To be totally honest I lost interest in him the minute he went to Man Utd....and... cutting my nose off to spite my face, maybe, I would rather see Karius and even Gillespie given their chance ahead of him...but that's just my opinion.

They may fare similar or worse but I just don't feel confident nor happy about Dubravka.

14 minutes ago, Checko said:

I couldn't watch the Tottenham match, was he a bit dodgy?

Should have had one of Richarlson's goals and he was at fault for the penalty. He was not Darlow bad, but he doesn't inspire confidence and I'd say he won't be at this club next year.

Edited by The Bonk

He certainly looked a bit sus under the high ball vs Everton. Tough to come back when you've barely played in a year and a half & I bet every goalkeeper who's played enough games has conceded 7 in a couple. De Gea conceded 7 in one game last March!

Still, seems like we're getting a visit from the ghost of keepers past to remind us of just how good Nick Pope is.

If I see him get beat by mid level shot he didn’t bother to dive up for again; his technique is fucking worthless. Watch how he dives ffs before blindly backing him. Solid bloke and I’ll forever respect him during the bad times but he can’t make any big save. He can’t. 

Just now, Kanji said:

If I see him get beat by mid level shot he didn’t bother to dive up for again; his technique is fucking worthless. Watch how he dives ffs before blindly backing him. Solid bloke and I’ll forever respect him during the bad times but he can’t make any big save. He can’t. 

Not his fault tonight but you’re 100% correct dude. The goal is a lot bigger with him in it.