Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

28 minutes ago, Mansour said:

He will certainly be paid more, that should be enough of a reason to want to go there. Dubravka earns £ 38,077 per week (£ 1,980,000), while Brandon Williams earns £ 65,000 per week (£ 3,380,000). Of course, we do not owe Manchester anything, 5m is the absolute minimum price we should be considering, or get any of their promising players on loan with an option to buy. 

Getting out of Ashley era and into current transfers we should be looking for £15m, it seems Man U are not short on cash given that they've just spent 60m odd on a 30 year old who will cost them over 150m eventually

Just now, gjohnson said:

Getting out of Ashley era and into current transfers we should be looking for £15m, it seems Man U are not short on cash given that they've just spent 60m odd on a 30 year old who will cost them over 150m eventually

15m is just unreasonable. I do not want us to act the way Manchester did last January, we should be better than that.

Would far rather he stayed but he's too good to play only four or five games in a season. You'd expect he'll get plenty of game time at Man Utd and, banter aside, they're still a colossal draw and bigger than us. It's an exciting career move for him despite him not going to be first choice somewhere. 

Really hope he leaves in as amicable circumstances as possible, he's so often been a highlight during the last few years and was a brilliant signing at the time.

4 minutes ago, Mansour said:

15m is just unreasonable. I do not want us to act the way Manchester did last January, we should be better than that.

Why is it unreasonable for us to act exactly as we have been treated? 

Being 'better' than that doesn't put points on the board ( and is a bit Mackem tbh). If they want our very good back up keeper they should be paying market rate, and not what Ashley has drummed into us as a fair price if we were buying, which is why we are all still seeing 30m as a big fee....especially when the likes of Wolves are spending almost as much as our (Isak pending) transfer record on Championship defenders

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Why is it unreasonable for us to act exactly as we have been treated? 

Being 'better' than that doesn't put points on the board ( and is a bit Mackem tbh). If they want our very good back up keeper they should be paying market rate, and not what Ashley has drummed into us as a fair price if we were buying, which is why we are all still seeing 30m as a big fee....especially when the likes of Wolves are spending almost as much as our (Isak pending) transfer record on Championship defenders

This. Man Utd can suck our collective balls. They are history and in a few short years we'll be looking down on then as Man City do now.

We owe them nothing and it's going to be hilarious passing them on the way up very shortly.

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would far rather he stayed but he's too good to play only four or five games in a season. You'd expect he'll get plenty of game time at Man Utd and, banter aside, they're still a colossal draw and bigger than us. It's an exciting career move for him despite him not going to be first choice somewhere. 

Really hope he leaves in as amicable circumstances as possible, he's so often been a highlight during the last few years and was a brilliant signing at the time.

Yeah, the comments questioning why he'd want to go there are pretty silly. They are still one of a handful of clubs in the world that are seen as the pinnacle and they pay as much as anyone.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Yeah, the comments questioning why he'd want to go there are pretty silly. They are still one of a handful of clubs in the world that are seen as the pinnacle and they pay as much as anyone.

How much do you have to be paid to the point that it doesn't actually matter as it becomes impossible to spend what you're actually earning? 

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

How much do you have to be paid to the point that it doesn't actually matter as it becomes impossible to spend what you're actually earning? 

I hate this line of thinking. Athletes have a limited window of time to make money and maximizing that opportunity is what 99.9% of people would do. You can't even complain he's taking a payday to sit on the bench as he's already doing that.

20 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I hate this line of thinking. Athletes have a limited window of time to make money and maximizing that opportunity is what 99.9% of people would do. You can't even complain he's taking a payday to sit on the bench as he's already doing that.

I get that, but the 'limited window' thing doesn't really apply now since 99% of Premier league players make enough in a few months to set them up for life in terms of a normal employed person. I don't know what Dubravka is actually on, but i'd guess he makes more in 2 weeks than i would in a year. Would an extra 5-10K on his salary really make that much difference to him?

Suppose in the very short term, being backup at Man U has a bit more prestige than being back up with us and might keep him in the eyes of the national teams?

42 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

This. Man Utd can suck our collective balls. They are history and in a few short years we'll be looking down on then as Man City do now.

We owe them nothing and it's going to be hilarious passing them on the way up very shortly.

They will be back. Always happens after a prolonged period of success with a long term manager. 

10 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

No chance we should even be considering a loan to that lot. Especially after how they conducted themselves over Lingard in January.

Make them pay a vastly inflated fee.

Too right...they acted like c**ts over Lingaard and it cost them ultimately. due to their greed. Let them have a taste of it themselves

33 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Even moreso for someone like Dubravka who's probably only really started making serious money from football the last 5 years.

8 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I get that, but the 'limited window' thing doesn't really apply now since 99% of Premier league players make enough in a few months to set them up for life in terms of a normal employed person. I don't know what Dubravka is actually on, but i'd guess he makes more in 2 weeks than i would in a year. Would an extra 5-10K on his salary really make that much difference to him?

Suppose in the very short term, being backup at Man U has a bit more prestige than being back up with us and might keep him in the eyes of the national teams?

I know we hate them, but come on. That's like saying Real Madrid carries just a bit more prestige than Villareal. I know we want it to be different and maybe it will be in a decade, but we're not close even if we may be able to compete with them in the league this season.

I think it's commonly accepted that players are allowed to miss games if there is a chance of a transfer to another club. We could refuse and make a player play but then we couldn't expect a player we wanted to sign to do the same for us.

Too much money on the line for a player to play and pick up an injury. Especially in a league Cup game. Sometimes a club won't sell until after qualifying game though.

2 hours ago, Mansour said:

He will certainly be paid more, that should be enough of a reason to want to go there. Dubravka earns £ 38,077 per week (£ 1,980,000), while Brandon Williams earns £ 65,000 per week (£ 3,380,000). Of course, we do not owe Manchester anything, 5m is the absolute minimum price we should be considering, or get any of their promising players on loan with an option to buy. 

He won't get a penny more in wages if he's loaned though. He's swapping 1 bench for another. 

I’ll be sad to see him go…best keeper we’ve had in more than a decade and partially responsible for us remaining up the past few years. Don’t begrudge him the move, even if it is a bench-for-bench scenario.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

For £5m, if it’s near enough guaranteed, then I’m happy with this.

We’ll need another keeper though. Surely can’t rely on Darlow