Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

I didn't think it was that much of an error tbh. Possibly could have done better but be was stretching and it was wet. 

Stood up well for that one on one at the end. Norwich should have absolutely put it to bed there.

Push it behind then as I said before not straight to their player. That was a bad error whichever way you look at it.

Guest neesy111
Just now, TheGuv said:

Any reason why he was time wasting in the last 10?

Because we were shattered.  Wilson could hardly move.

I didn't feel he made an obvious error in Norwich's goal. Maybe he could've tried to punch it harder, but he had to intercept that cross, there were two free Norwich players on the far post. The error IMO comes when the players didn't react quick enough and retained their defensive positions for the second cross to Pukki.

Guest neesy111

Watching it at the match in real time, didn't look obvious error as it was a cross come shot but will need to watch it again.  

Just now, Khalidao said:

I didn't feel he made an obvious error in Norwich's goal. Maybe he could've tried to punch it harder, but he had to intercept that cross, there were two free Norwich players on the far post. The error IMO comes when the players didn't react quick enough and retained their defensive positions for the second cross to Pukki.

He did make an error mind, if he was not confortable with catching the ball then he should have pushed it behind, not pushing it straight to a Norwich player.

In an odd way, his performances just show how bad Darlow is. 

I don't feel as comfortable slating him for the goal because the ball is wet and he's stretching for it. 

Edited by Thiago

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

People going on about their goal like it was a massive howler. He should have done better, aye, but it's only because of an absolute thunderbastard two phases later that we're even talking about it. 

My thoughts too - I was more worried by Manquillo being sucked inside and leaving two free.

After recovering from his flap, Dubravka had to run all the way around Manquillo to get back into position, making it look even worse..

3 hours ago, Raconteur said:

My thoughts too - I was more worried by Manquillo being sucked inside and leaving two free.

After recovering from his flap, Dubravka had to run all the way around Manquillo to get back into position, making it look even worse..

Plus Jesus himself isn't stopping that finish. Keeping a clean sheet down a man for 81 minutes is a pretty big ask.  To be fair, Krul should have stopped that penalty as it was pretty poor. Then it's 0-0 right? Just saying, the guy saved what looked like a sure goal later and didn't shut down the one he let in from the start but that finish was class. 

8 hours ago, Pilko said:

"The ball was wet" :lol: quite clearly Dubravka would be a world beater in the Saharan Premier League.

There's no need to be patronising. 

Watch it back, there's a few different things at play.

It's a good cross that lands in the channel between defender and goalkeeper. I don't think Dubravka is expecting the cross so he's on his heels a bit/guarding against a shot. He can probably see Idah steaming in and not felt 100% comfortable catching a wet ball (there'd been a few slips prior to that) so he's just reacted and tried to get it away. There's every chance it lands right at Joelinton's feet but it doesn't. It's really just a combination of bad luck/tired minds over actual catastrophic mistakes.

I didn't feel it was that much of an error as I initially thought. Live it looked bad but then from an angle behind the goal it seemed to be quite a stretch. And I'd much rather he remain confident to come out for the ball than Darlow's hesitancy, who probably would've left an attacker to come and smash it first time.

It was really poor, handling just has to be better in that situation if he's going to try and catch it (which was fine, it was extremely catchable). Let us not speak of the "ball being wet" ever again, makes absolutely no difference.

The difference being he made a really good save to rescue us a point at the end, our number two often compounds one error with another - see Wolves (A). 

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

It was a fantastic finish to be fair, 10 times out of 10 he shanks that over the bar high and wide.

I was right behind the goal and it was a tremendous finish tbf. Got over the ball and it just flew into the net.

• 2 weeks later...

People's opinions of him please? 

I've long been an advocate of cashing in on him as I think he spends too much time out injured, especially for a GK, but having watched him return from his latest injury I'm thinking more and more that it's a position we maybe need to look at strengthening next month.