Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Guest Biggsbond14

Certainly needs replaced in the long term as when we get better players in it won’t show up his short comings as much 

4 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Would like us to go for Dean Henderson.

I don't think he's the answer, wasn't that impressed with him in that run he had in the team team at the end of last season 

Though a keeper is something we should be looking at as overall the ones we have are not of a good enough standard 

7 hours ago, David Edgar said:

There isn't much between him and Darlow.  Never has been.

An outrageous claim. 

If anything, it shows how out of form Dubravka has to be for these two to be close. 

Edited by Thiago

Not the same player since his last injury, really has no presence in the box anymore and is flapping too much at simple catches. Can only hope a better back line takes some pressure off and allows him to get back to his old self/improve.

Way down the list of priorities right now but not staking a claim to keep his spot.

Needs replacing medium-ish term as I've lost all confidence that he instilled when he was in goal. Shadow of the keeper he was from 2018-2020. Still our best but his fuck up cost us a goal today and almost cost us a goal v Man Utd late on too.

54 suggested it in the match thread, but maybe the injuries have done him in. He doesn't seem the same, much more hesitant/weak now.

He was player of the season in Bruce's first year and pretty much kept us up on his own.

He came into a well drilled Rafa defence. Now it’s like the 3,4,5 stooges at the back, he’s not helping himself either but he’s got zero confidence in those around him.

Put a few competent players into the side and others will improve, or at least that’s how it should work.

Guest HTT II

He’s the least of our worries and is a good shot stopper, but he doesn’t command his box at all and is prone to rash decision makings, get rid long term.

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s the least of our worries and is a good shot stopper, but he doesn’t command his box at all and is prone to rash decision makings, get rid long term.

I would have said the same a few games ago but it's becoming more common and I would say a good reliable GK is just as important as a good ST, scoring goals and not conceding wins you games and there goal yesterday was Dubs fault. No decent forward and bad goalkeeping cost us the game, nobody played that well but that's what it came down to. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

They errors are mounting up though.  

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Completely disagree, he is a huge worry. If you can't save basic chances and organise a back line its an absolutely huge problem. His fall off has been staggering.

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Completely disagree, he is a huge worry. If you can't save basic chances and organise a back line its an absolutely huge problem. His fall off has been staggering.

Have to agree sadly. I have praised him a lot over the years but he’s just not good enough and always has a mistake, usually a pretty big one on him now. 

That Norwich goal was caused by him flapping. He dropped the ball and didn’t communicate with his defence against Man Utd and then that first goal against City was embarrassing for him and Clark. He is better than Darlow but that’s not praise. 

De Gea levels of faking injury when play is still ongoing. Awful to see. 

Obviously a glutton for punishment. As I watched the goal back about 20 times. Still no idea why he doesn’t go at the striker’s feet and hold onto the ball? He comes flying out to make himself big like Ironside is going to get a shot off. Then just jumps over the ball. So he obviously could have got there with his hands. 

10 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

De Gea levels of faking injury when play is still ongoing. Awful to see. 

Obviously a glutton for punishment. As I watched the goal back about 20 times. Still no idea why he doesn’t go at the striker’s feet and hold onto the ball? He comes flying out to make himself big like Ironside is going to get a shot off. Then just jumps over the ball. So he obviously could have got there with his hands. 

Just seems to roll under him - he's under very little pressure as well.  He seems to be lacking concentration.