Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Guest firetotheworks

Can't say I particularly rate him but he can't be worse than current strikers we have.

So good news.

Who? Susanna Hoffs, or Vicky Petersen? Should have gone for Tina Weymouth imo.

So what kind of striker is he? Can’t say I’ve seen much or any of him.

Good all rounder. Quite strong, fairly quick, powerful, decent header, decent finisher, decent at holding up the ball.

Gives Rafa loads to work with.

Guest firetotheworks

So what kind of striker is he? Can’t say I’ve seen much or any of him.

Think along the lines of more aerial and obviously nowhere near as good/skillful Benzema.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cheers peeps. For me, although I’d love an out and out goalscorer, if he can help the team massively in other ways I’ll be happy because I feel we lack a cutting edge up front in terms of bringing others into play, holding the ball up and generally having a focal point. Gayle for me can finish, but his game is all over the place this season and Joselu, well he’s fucking shite. Perez does the things Rafa wants, pressing, high work ethic, busy etc. but he’s kind of weak on the ball and doesn’t seem to get into position enough to score enough despite also being capable of finishing.

With this nearly completed, I'm intrigued to see who makes a bigger contribution to survival for their respective clubs out of him and Strurridge.

I would say this, but I reckon Slimani is the man.

He's much more suited to our style (or lack of)

With this nearly completed, I'm intrigued to see who makes a bigger contribution to survival for their respective clubs out of him and Strurridge.

I don't know. If Sturridge stays fit he'll be very dangerous for them. Hopefully Pardew can work his magic within 4 games and turn him into an absolute turd.

He is a powerhouse. Works hard, physical, good eye for goal. In the right team and set up he will thrive. Hoping he is fit, if he is I am delighted with this. Caught my eye in 2013 at the ACON even though Algeria didn't get good results. Was also great at the world cup after when Algeria surprised a lot.

Definitely a target man that can cope being up top by himself.

I don't know. If Sturridge stays fit he'll be very dangerous for them. Hopefully Pardew can work his magic within 4 games and turn him into an absolute turd.

It will all depend on how Strurridge can adapt his play to suit the limitations of his teammates that will have been less apparent at Chelsea/Liverpool. Slimani however comes as a more ready-made threat imo.