Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

A8FkMOJ.png

"likes to tackle"

red card in first game, never seen again then

Fantastic strengths and style of play.

Likes to tackle indicates his effort in closing down, which is so important for us.

Please God let this man stay fit the rest of the way now.

He's easily the least motivated at closing down when compared to Vardy/Okazaki/Ihaenacho/Ulloa. Bullet headers, really good movement in the box, but that's been about it. It seemed to be a lot of getting the hump about not being the centre of attention though, so maybe Benitez will be able to drag the rest of it out of him.

Fair enough. Vardy and Okazaki are truly exceptional at it though.

I guess when he was bought for £29 million he would have been expecting to be a first team player. God knows we need a first team striker so it works for us.

We really need someone who has that kind of desire and hunger to play, so very happy with that tbh.

Probably BS. The article has a question mark in the headline: Transfert : Slimani, échec de la visite médicale ?

http://www.dzfoot.com/2018/01/31/transfert-slimani-echec-de-la-visite-medicale-118588.php

Transfer: Slimani, failure of the medical examination?

According to the latest information, Islam Slimani would not have passed the medical tests this afternoon in Newcastle and his loan would not take place.

It started with the cancellation of the transfer of Newcastle striker Aleksander Mitrovic to Anderlecht who intrigued the press.

The cause of the cancellation of this transaction would be that the Algerian striker did not pass the milestone of the medical test, maybe his last injury is considered more serious than expected.

Guest firetotheworks

If this is actually true it wouldn't surprise me at all if his 'failed medical' was an instruction from Ashley after Mitrovic's loan fell through.

Some will believe out  :lol: I wouldn't buy into the information on these twitter accounts of which we have no idea of their validity or agenda. Pretty sure a lot of them are made to prompt these sorts of reactions from fans though just for the crack. Don't play the game - I'm sure everything is sound with the Slimani deal.