Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United - 04/02/2018 @ 14:15 - Live on Sky

No problem with the line up. The argument for Murphy starting is fair, but there's nothing wrong with him being an impact sub when players are tiring. Would have had Merino ahead of Shelvey, mind.

My thoughts too.

Got a good feeling about Gayle for this game

Same here, although I'd have probably gone with Perez as the lone striker personally. Maybe Gayle's pace away from home was the deciding factor, although he hasn't shown it so far this season. But he is still the best finisher available.

Same here, although I'd have probably gone with Perez as the lone striker personally. Maybe Gayle's pace away from home was the deciding factor, although he hasn't shown it so far this season. But he is still the best finisher available.

Very debatable that.

Very debatable that.

Just my opinion, if you think there's someone better then you are welcome to suggest someone else.

20 minutes to kick off and they are talking about fucking spurs.

They always cover the later teams on a double header.

The timing is all wrong though. They talked about us for ages at the start of the show when they should have put the Spurs chat in there and talked about us for the half an hour before our game

My opinion is that I trust Perez much more to finish in the box - particularly at the moment. He's shown more ability to finish in a composed fashion in this league than Gayle has for me. Gayle has missed far too many glaring chances for me to regard him with any certainty the best finisher at the club.

Guest firetotheworks

If Sorloth is the second most expensive Norwegian signed by a PL team, who is the first?

Josh King would be my guess.

Edit: Didn't go for a big fee.

My opinion is that I trust Perez much more to finish in the box - particularly at the moment. He's shown more ability to finish in a composed fashion in this league than Gayle has for me. Gayle has missed far too many glaring chances for me to regard him with any certainty the best finisher at the club.

Perez barely ever strikes a decent shot and his record reflects that. He's not a bad finisher, but still think Gayle's more likely just because of his goal poacher instinct.

Perez barely ever strikes a decent shot and his record reflects that. He's not a bad finisher, but still think Gayle's more likely just because of his goal poacher instinct.

I disagree, Perez has scored some very good goals for us, and shows good composure and ability. Gayle might have more conviction but I think Perez is equally as good as poaching and has better movement.