Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/02/18 - Post-match reaction from pg34

Dave

People saying it's a pen, come on. Do you think we'd ever have got that?

It's a good point on the balance of chances, but almost all their momentum came from that nonsense pen. Our real f*ck up was Burnley. We'll need to take something off one of the top 6 now.

Once they got the equaliser and it was clear the momentum was behind them, I thought we should've had Murphy and Kenedy on. They were wide open on the counter but we just didn't look capable of giving them something to worry about. I'm sure Rafa had his own ideas and maybe that saved the point but considering the contrast between Atsu and Murphy the other day, it was strange to see Atsu given the nod.

People saying it's a pen, come on. Do you think we'd ever have got that?

It's a good point on the balance of chances, but almost all their momentum came from that nonsense pen. Our real f*ck up was Burnley. We'll need to take something off one of the top 6 now.

Once they got the equaliser and it was clear the momentum was behind them, I thought we should've had Murphy and Kenedy on. They were wide open on the counter but we just didn't look capable of giving them something to worry about. I'm sure Rafa had his own ideas and maybe that saved the point but considering the contrast between Atsu and Murphy the other day, it was strange to see Atsu given the nod.

It is a penalty but as you say we never get them and should have had two in this game, and you very rarely see them given in other games. Still doesn't change the fact it was a penalty like.

Guest neesy111

Bet he was one of our lot.

WBCP was there and says the invader was giving wanker signs to the away end. So thankfully one of theirs.

Fair enough.

The difference was they had Benteke to bounce long balls off, he won everything today, we had midget Gayle who could have had a picnic on the half way line and no one would have noticed! We're just not good enough but in Kenedy and Slimani we have a little hope going forward.

Yeah that was noticeable for me, how well Benteke and Zaha used their physicality to push our defenders around and make sure the ball stuck when it went into them. The opposite of us basically.

Please tell me Slimani is going to bring something similar to our game.

Good point overall and 2 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats (both vs City and not really harming the goal difference) in our last 8 league games is decent enough form. Just a shame the home form has been poor as 2 points (and 4 blanks) against Swansea, BHA, Watford, Bmouth, Leicester and Everton in 6 of our last 7 games is inexcusable and may end up being our downfall. 

Guest alijmitchell

It’s a shame because first half we were really good. But a decent point. Just really could have done with a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought we defended well today and had the luck. Considering the ball kept coming back continually throughout the second half, all the back four did OK given that Perez and Gayle are worthless up front and can't hold up the ball.

If Slimani is touch and go for man. u I wouldn't risk him. We need him fully fit and I don't see us troubling them.