New TV Deal

I've got Prime anyway, so this'll be canny for me personally. Unless they bump the prices by an unreasonable (IMO) amount to cover this.

Same here, but I'm getting fed up of paying different companies just so I can watch all the Newcastle games live. The other games are nice to have, but I wouldn't be paying that much just to watch them. I thought by now we would have had the option just to pay a subscription to watch Newcastle games.

This is where I'm at too, it's getting harder and harder to justify not showing such a small percentage of the games.

I guess the problem is that individual club subscriptions could deliver much more of the income to bigger clubs etc. I'm not sure how/if the NBA and NFL get around this.

I've got Prime anyway, so this'll be canny for me personally. Unless they bump the prices by an unreasonable (IMO) amount to cover this.

Same here, but I'm getting fed up of paying different companies just so I can watch all the Newcastle games live. The other games are nice to have, but I wouldn't be paying that much just to watch them. I thought by now we would have had the option just to pay a subscription to watch Newcastle games.

This is where I'm at too, it's getting harder and harder to justify not showing such a small percentage of the games.

I guess the problem is that individual club subscriptions could deliver much more of the income to bigger clubs etc. I'm not sure how/if the NBA and NFL get around this.

Just have the Premier league selling the games on a team by team basis and distribute the money based on league position.

Just have the Premier league selling the games on a team by team basis and distribute the money based on league position.

Just do it the way they do now with overseas games.  Sell the package, can choose which game you want to watch and the dosh gets split equally.

Yeah, I'd much rather pay Newcastle a fee to watch the games streamed live off their website or some shit. Club can set their own fee and all that crap, but I guess that'll not happen for a very long time (if at all).

Could individual clubs feasibly bid for exclusive rights to show their own games live?

Could imagine a club like Man Utd might have the resources and worldwide fanbase to make it work

We'd outsource it to Sports Direct.

Imagine the adverts. :lol:

Don't see why the rights couldn't be sold collectively like they are now. Whoever won the rights would then just need to have the ability to show all matches.

I don't think the price will go up any more than inflation tbh.

2 rounds of games seems more like a way to pull in new customers - it's not a great advertisement for a price increase. They're probably assuming people will come for the footy and stay for the free next day delivery Pot Noodles.

This is the crux of their video strategy. Prime customers are far more valuable to them than a random Amazon shopper, so they use video (mostly TV series and kids content, but increasingly live sports) to get people to sign up for Prime. I think they've almost reached market saturation in the US in terms of Prime households, so it would not be surprising if they are going to push it internationally.

Guest chopey

I'm a big fan of Amazon prime however I have noticed the price of their goods has started to creep up.

Yeah, I'd much rather pay Newcastle a fee to watch the games streamed live off their website or some shit. Club can set their own fee and all that crap, but I guess that'll not happen for a very long time (if at all).

In theory great, but it'd be awful in reality in terms of making the league even less competitive. We're whinging at the prize money share, imagine the further revenue the likes of Man Utd & Liverpool would gain compared to the rest of the league if the above came about?

Amazon Prime probably going to be £79 PER MONTH now.

Aye, it’s probably going to be £99 a year minimum now.

Well its gone up in the U.S from £74 to £88 so I'd be amazed if it stayed £79 here regardless of Premier League games.

If Prime goes up, I'm out. Just about clinging on at £79 but as said, prices aren't as good, delivery is getting slower. If they ramp the price up at all I'll pull the plug.

I only got it for fast delivery of cheap goods because it's not like the TV content - live or otherwise - isn't available through "other methods".

The only way I can see all 380 games to be shown Live is when they scrap 3pm Premier League games. As long as that is a regular kickoff slot, then they won't get pass that backout stipulation

Funny that in other countries, you can just get 1 provider to watch all 380 matches a season yet in the UK, you need 3 f***ing subscription to watch only 200 games.

If Prime goes up, I'm out. Just about clinging on at £79 but as said, prices aren't as good, delivery is getting slower. If they ramp the price up at all I'll pull the plug.

I only got it for fast delivery of cheap goods because it's not like the TV content - live or otherwise - isn't available through "other methods".

I don't even watch the tv content, most of the good stuff you have to pay extra for anyway. It's fairly shit compared to Netflix where a subscription gets you all their content. Without the fast delivery service I'd have ditched it by now.

I'm a big fan of Amazon prime however I have noticed the price of their goods has started to creep up.

Amazon's business model seems to be to price all rivals out of business. On www.hotukdeals.com whenever a rival like Tesco Direct (which is closing down), Argos, etc. have a price reduction on a product, Amazon drop their price to match. As soon as the other shop sells out or puts their price back up so does Amazon.

What will Amazon do when it's rivals are all gone? They'll have no competition so they can charge what they want. People love Amazon but they're a pack of bastards when it comes to paying tax.

In related news the clubs have voted for the international distribution ratio to be changed from 1.6x to 1.8x (ie the top club earns 1.8x the bottom club).

The rich get richer.

How the fuck do 14 or more clubs vote for that?

Top 6 ok, us because of a cunt owner. Everyone else though?

Unless I'm mistaken it's not just the top 6 that will be better off, will teams finishing 7-10 not be better off than under the current system?

If so, then I can easily see why 8 other clubs voted for it