Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

They will love to put this against us as evidence of our Saudi money but tbh, it's just luck of the draw. Just coincidence that in those instances the ref got it right. I know every fan likes to think the refs are out to get them but the way each club goes on, can't be all of us can it! 

• 1 year later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25608023/major-change-premier-league-rules-var/

Football lawmakers Ifab have given the Prem the green light for refs to communicate their calls to those in the stadium.

It comes following a successful trial of the new procedure in Mexico and Portugal. Like in the Women's World Cup and Club World Cup, the refs are expected to be mic'd up inside stadiums.

And after consulting the VAR monitor and agreeing on a decision, they will then declare the basic reasoning over the PA system to the crowd - such as identifying who committed a foul or was offside for example.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It comes following a successful trial of the new procedure in Mexico and Portugal. Like in the Women's World Cup and Club World Cup, the refs are expected to be mic'd up inside stadiums.

Like this?  Oh good

[emoji38] Hopefully not like that.

There's no doubt this is an (attempted) improvement though. The explanations you get in the NFL are far more useful than PL referees being mime artists.

Prepare to be fucked over if you're the away team

One thing doing it in the women's world cup full of kids and Mexican waves...

Edited by jack j

Oh fuck off. Absolutely fucking shit. A truly worthless addition that serves only to heap further pressure on the officials and add to the whole bloody pantomime. Ridiculous, pointless, rubbish. The Referee Show, sponsored by football.

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Oh fuck off. Absolutely fucking shit. A truly worthless addition that serves only to heap further pressure on the officials and add to the whole bloody pantomime. Ridiculous, pointless, rubbish. The Referee Show, sponsored by football.

My head is spinning. Didn't you want them mic'd up? We've had long, exciting arguments about this.

Edited by Kid Icarus

I've always liked it in Rugby. Think it was a great addition. That's not hooked into the PA though is it, Just for those watching on TV? Not sure about that so much. 

Edited by toontownman

I hate it in rugby. Almost every try gets checked and the bureaucratic back and forth between the ref and the vj about angles and what they can and cant determine are minutes you'l never get back that were almost impossible to squander as badly on anything else.

So bound to happen.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don’t tell me what I can and what I can’t say in my own post. You’re already on thin ice as it is. You already lied once today. 

What are you on about?