Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal - 15/04/18 - post-match erection from page 14

BlueStar

Thought the midfield today were outstanding. All of them ran themselves in to the ground and showed quality when it mattered. Thought we were a bit shaky at back compared to recent performances particularly in the first half but we weathered that and sorted it out as the game went on.

Says it all that you could argue 5/6 of the players are playing as well as they ever have done in their career at the moment. Rafa that.

Fantastic team performance and a great win which was fully deserved. I actually never felt nervous at all even when one nil down as this for me is arguably the worst Arsenal team I’ve seen in the Premier League era. Diame, Dummett, Ritchie and Perez in particular were different class and the rest very good. We look a solid and decent team.

Yeah but they were playing the worst Newcastle Squad in the Premier League™

Arsene Pardger.

Aubameyang 57m

Lacazette 47m

Xhaka 40m

Mustafi 36m

Welbeck 18m

Even with injuries, they fielded nearly half a team that would break our transfer record. And couldn't fashion a chance in the second half.

Not sure it's true but in complimenting the job Rafa has done the commentator said aubermayeng cost more than the entire starting line up for Newcastle.

Guest firetotheworks

My favourite thing about this match is that I thought ages ago that we'd beat them for the following reasons, but in the end the big reasons didn't really come into it at all, we were just better:

(Reasons why I thought we'd beat Arsenal)

• Having a shit away record this season.

• Being bottlers historically.

• Losing or drawing against relegation candidates historically.

• Losing or drawing against relegation candidates this season - five times, that's right - WBA, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, Bournemouth. •Them having nothing to play for in the league, being preoccupied with the Europa (their only chance of CL football). •Us playing well against them at the Emirates and it being close, us upping our game against bigger teams at home.

•Our game being better suited against teams who actually try against us.

•If push comes to shove and we need to win that match, I'd be more confident than I was about us beating Man United, and more confident than in a push comes to shove game at home to Huddersfield.

In reality:

•That was miles better than I've seen Arsenal play away this season.

• Arsenal still have something to play for as Burnley are right behind them, meaning they need to ensure Europa league football for next season if they don't win it this season.

• We didn't need to win the game in the way that we might have if we were in say Huddersfield's position yesterday.

We won without Arsenal being poor and without the fire of relegation up our arses. We didn't need Arsenal to be shit- they were good, and we didn't need adversity- the desire and application was still there. I'm really impressed by that more than anything.

I just feel happy for Ameritoon.  O0 :smitten:

Chuffed for Ameritoon, too.

Was it first ever game and trip to SJP?

Bet he's absolutely buzzing like mad. :indi:

:aww: I’m jealous, what an experience for him.

Cheers all, that was simply incredible. Was just hoping to see one goal really, got two and the winner right in front of me. The atmosphere was amazing, Strawberry beforehand was great, walking around the stadium was surreal. Wish I could redo it all over again, perfect first match.

Ayoze's form, too, what a guy :lol:

Cheers all, that was simply incredible. Was just hoping to see one goal really, got two and the winner right in front of me. The atmosphere was amazing, Strawberry beforehand was great, walking around the stadium was surreal. Wish I could redo it all over again, perfect first match.

:aww:

Gotham awaits.

Ayoze's form, too, what a guy [emoji38]

That's class, what a first game :thup:

In reality:

•That was miles better than I've seen Arsenal play away this season.

• Arsenal still have something to play for as Burnley are right behind them, meaning they need to ensure Europa league football for next season if they don't win it this season.

• We didn't need to win the game in the way that we might have if we were in say Huddersfield's position yesterday.

We won without Arsenal being poor and without the fire of relegation up our arses. We didn't need Arsenal to be shit- they were good, and we didn't need adversity- the desire and application was still there. I'm really impressed by that more than anything.

:thup:

Such a great introduction.

I took an ex-girlfriend to her first-ever football match back in 1993. Spurs v Oldham. We scored in the 5th, 6th, and 8th minutes. I had to explain that that didn’t happen every week :lol:.

Guest chopey

Arsenal were poor today, we totally out worked and Cech must be arrested for assault cos he kept kicking the ball at those poor people in the East stand for no good reason, he's finished just like Wenger