Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Thought Methven come across well, pompous and a bit Brent like, but in a business sense he spoke well and seemed to have more of a grasp on things than the Don who come across as very naive and not at all a businessman. I would have sacked half the people there myself. He had a right to tell that lass the score, she was a wet fanny throughout. Good series, but not as dramatic as the first one despite the drama at the end end :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I didn’t mind either of them, they obviously care. Nothing they could really do about Maja.

I think his approach of steamrolling in and calling everyone shite might have needed to be a bit more subtle mind.

Didn’t he kind of try that at the beginning? They were all incompetent and that scene where he asked if anyone had any ideas or questions and they just shrugged, I’d have peddled them after that. Imagine players reacting in that kind of way?!

The Don played upto the cameras the least, apart from the Grigg bit which was clearly scripted or drawn out for dramatics.

How annoying us the Mackem accent, can’t believe some people confuse Geordies with them lot. Awful twang!

Very subtle way of showing the poor lass getting the bullet as well. Brief goodbye from her pal in the car park. All for the twat being able to do his equivalent of delboy: “not 40,000, not 41,000.......”. Wanker

He gave someone the chop for not counting the attendance properly?

Guest Howaythetoon

Very subtle way of showing the poor lass getting the bullet as well. Brief goodbye from her pal in the car park. All for the twat being able to do his equivalent of delboy: “not 40,000, not 41,000.......”. Wanker

He gave someone the chop for not counting the attendance properly?

I think it was probably based on number of ‘issues’ over the course of time than just one isolated thing...

Just finished episode 4... they've just signed Will Grigg.  :iamatwat:

Next episode is the chickentrade trophy final.  :D

Amazing that in the timeline so far, they've been owners for about 7 months, and Donald is already talking about his exit strategy.

I didn’t mind either of them, they obviously care. Nothing they could really do about Maja.

I think his approach of steamrolling in and calling everyone shite might have needed to be a bit more subtle mind.

Didn’t he kind of try that at the beginning? They were all incompetent and that scene where he asked if anyone had any ideas or questions and they just shrugged, I’d have peddled them after that. Imagine players reacting in that kind of way?!

The Don played upto the cameras the least, apart from the Grigg bit which was clearly scripted or drawn out for dramatics.

How annoying us the Mackem accent, can’t believe some people confuse Geordies with them lot. Awful twang!

I think he battered the business and the culture, then nobody wanted to ask questions because they were crushed.

Just started the first episode and the Donald "Edit" Charlie Methven is so much like David Brent.

It is hilarious watching him talk about him self being a good leader and how the team will look up to him.

Just started the first episode and the Donald is so much like David Brent.

It is hilarious watching him talk about him self being a good leader and how the team will look up to him.

He sounds exactly like him!

Just finished it - shorter series than the S1.

That was Ellis Short sat behind Charlie Methvan  at the Chickentrade final - strange that he would be there, or even invited as a guest of the new owners, unless he was/is still involved somehow behind the scenes? Also noticed Nigel Farage in the tunnel when the Sunderland players arrived for that final.... as their guest also?

Had forgotten how poetic a couple of things were after catching up on the end of S1 and then watching S2.

Relegated to League One by Burton Albion (and Darren Bent).

Consigned to the League One Play-Offs by Fleetwood, managed by Joey Barton.

Beaten in the League One play-off final by Charlton, managed by Lee Bowyer.

Given that it hasn't been renewed for a 3rd series yet (so have they been filming anything?), I was surprised there wasn't some sort of epilogue, noting that Jack Ross was sacked into the new season, and that Stewart Donald was actively looking to sell the club, after securing a £10m investment loan, secured on the club & facilities.

Oh my God, that gif is so, so perfect. Methven losing it, his wife (?) trying to calm him down, Ellis looking so relieved he's got rid of this mess, the girl on the left top looking delighted then realising she is surrounded by Sunlun lot, others looking on in disgust. So much happening in those few seconds. Just can't make out what Charlie says. Anybody?

I'm going against the tide here..... but I though Methven had the exactly the right plan for the club. The show was heavily edited so you know that for every headline grabbing comment he made, there were another dozen that were just simple boring business ideas that needed to be done.

They needed to increase their revenue streams and targeting high attendances was a way to achieve that. I think, offline, he was more interested in the incoming money than the actual number of fans there... but he knew that the attendance numbers was a big thing for SAFC fans so he gave them what they wanted.

He had a few pompous moments, but frankly I felt he was all-business, and was actually doing more for the club that Stewie D, who seemed to be in Oxford more than Sunderland.

Just can't make out what Charlie says. Anybody?

He yells "Change it" as he was talking about the team formation and how they were getting over run and no longer had the upper-hand.

Ah right, thanks. Thought that was when the ET goal went in or the final whistle, but probably earlier in the game then? I don't have Netflix so haven't been able to see the series, just commenting on that tiny incident without knowing context obviously.

The smirk on Ellis Short's face though is a thing to behold. He must have hated them at that point, which begs the question: why was he even there?

I'm going against the tide here..... but I though Methven had the exactly the right plan for the club. The show was heavily edited so you know that for every headline grabbing comment he made, there were another dozen that were just simple boring business ideas that needed to be done.

They needed to increase their revenue streams and targeting high attendances was a way to achieve that. I think, offline, he was more interested in the incoming money than the actual number of fans there... but he knew that the attendance numbers was a big thing for SAFC fans so he gave them what they wanted.

He had a few pompous moments, but frankly I felt he was all-business, and was actually doing more for the club that Stewie D, who seemed to be in Oxford more than Sunderland.

I don't doubt that he had decent ideas, but he was absolutely a dick about the way he went about it. You could see it from the first episode, the marketing/comms team was already fed up with him. There's a way better approach to getting the most out of people than being a coked up asshole.

Complaining about people leaving at 4:59 ffs. Such an outdated opinion on how employees work.

My company went through a similar process two years ago.  The new CEO said that we were all in the boat together, but that we needed to be rowing in the same direction and pulling together.  He asked that people who didn't want to row, or wanted to row in a different direction to get out of the boat.

It seems that the marketing team didn't want to row.

I agree that clocking in/out from 9-5 is antiquated way of working for salaried business people.  You have a job to do and should get on and do it, whether you need to stay later or need to leave early for a Dr etc you should be judged on getting your job/tasks/assignments done and not on when you arrive/leave.  Hourly staff, such a ticket office is a different matter.

The lack of understanding of the state of the business was amazing (and appalling).  They seemed quite content to be a loss-making business. I think they just assumed that all football clubs lost money, instead of trying to find ways to be profitable.

:lol: Just watched the Wembo episode.

- Starting off with Farage's Brexit march

- Methven calling them poor and implying they're all thick

- Bloke whose house is covered in merch, akin to Jed's room in Alan Partridge

- Said bloke getting a shit tattoo

- The ex-squaddie spray-painting his beard

- Methven downplaying the idea fans who went to previous rounds should get priority tickets

- The woman saying going to Wembo is a "once-in-a-lifetime opportunity" for her grandson who is TWELVE.

- The assumption among every single one of them all they had to do was turn up and they'd win

- Methven shouting for Ross to change things and getting told to settle by his lass