Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

This whole clip is hilarious but do Sunderland really play The Apprentice theme song as the entrance music? :lol:

It's a well known piece of classical music and it was around - and played at the SoL - well before The Apprentice began.

Methven is one of them blokes who knows everything, and knows it way better than anyone else. His arrogance is off the charts.

Methven might have his own show after this - I’ll watch it - blokes hilarious

He reminded me of Superintendent Tom Chandler who was brought into Sunhill nick in 2000 to clean up the mess in the aftermath of the Don Beech scandal in CID. All the Bill fans out there know what I’m talking about.

Methven is one of them blokes who knows everything, and knows it way better than anyone else. His arrogance is off the charts.

In fairness the competition past and present didn’t seem very stiff.

What struck me is that, realistically, Stuart Donald did a decent job for his first season. He did exactly what he had to, stopped the rot.

Jack Ross also steadied the ship, got the to a place where they were hard to beat and just needed a bit more firepower to get promoted.

Their obvious problem was Maja, leaving and replacing him with Grigg but that's football, every team has that problem. The other issue is that Donald wasnt in a financial position to have a second season in league 1, which was silly from his part.

The should have kept Ross and played the long game.

Oh and no director or chairman should ever publicly voice their opinions on what is happening on the pitch. Not for a podcast, not for netflix and not in the stands. It puts unnecessary pressure on the manager when one of the gaffers is shouting "change it".

Fucking amateur hour.

What struck me is that, realistically, Stuart Donald did a decent job for his first season. He did exactly what he had to, stopped the rot.

Jack Ross also steadied the ship, got the to a place where they were hard to beat and just needed a bit more firepower to get promoted.

Their obvious problem was Maja, leaving and replacing him with Grigg but that's football, every team has that problem. The other issue is that Donald wasnt in a financial position to have a second season in league 1, which was silly from his part.

Their only real mistake was taking the £1m from Bordeaux in the January instead of writing it off and backing him getting them promoted and if need be loose him for nothing.

Their only real mistake was taking the £1m from Bordeaux in the January instead of writing it off and backing him getting them promoted and if need be loose him for nothing.

By the sounds of things him and his agent were more than capable of inventing injuries and basically downing tools for the rest of the season had they refused to sell him. Protect the transfer and wait for the summer window to open and leave for fuck all. They were boxed into a corner tbh.

Donald came across ok. Seems like a genuine gadge, just out of his depth trying to achieve his ambitions for the club.

Methven is appalling. Thinks he's a corporate marketing genius but he's just an arrogant, condescending, pompous cunt.

Was shocked when Andy with the beard said it was his 40th birthday. Was he taking the piss and he was right first time saying he was 50?

It wasn't as funny to watch as series 1. Even though the Wembo calamities were just as sweet as the Burton relegation game.

Just finished watching this and honestly loved it, i think the thing i like the most about it is the fact that its made by two Sunderland fans who wanted to show how great their club is but ended up being pure comedy gold :lol:

A few things that i noticed, painting Maja as their star player who left them when they needed him the most, when the reality is Maja only had one goal in 17 the previous season, i think they actually bought Charlie Wyke to be their main man but he got injured and by some fluke Maja turned to R9 at the start of the season,  i read somewhere that when he left them he was only on 1K a week!

Methven is a complete idiot, however seeing how incompetent some of the original staff were i understood a bit where he was coming from, although he didn't really make any positive difference.

Stewart Donald seems like a good guy but way out of his depth, the transfer deadline scene told you everything, definitely took a big gamble buying and it backfired, Jack Ross looked competent despite the fact that his tactics were awful that season.

The one thing they don't show is that their fanbase is one of the main reasons the club is at where its at, the way they treated players, manager and owners over the last few years is key to where they are right now, deserve everything they got to be honest.

For local producers they made their fan base look backwards mind. I know it was for good tv but a smattering of normals wouldn’t have gone amiss. Taxi driver aside, their choice made Joey Essex look like a university challenge competitor

I chatted to one of the production team about it, was at the back end of last year. He said from a ratings point of view it was better that they fucked up both seasons in such spectacular fashion.

Would have been far worse from a telly perspective if they’d just bumbled along with no drama.

But he’s a makem, so it’s a bitter sweet situation for him. 

Methven is a complete idiot, however seeing how incompetent some of the original staff were i understood a bit where he was coming from, although he didn't really make any positive difference.

Actually in total agreement with him generally about the 16.59 culture* in this country, boils my piss, but the way to go about changing it isn't to humiliate people, shout at them and expect them to magically become great at their jobs. Who knows maybe he did loads of 1 on 1 coaching but I fucking doubt it.

*Mind you goes both ways, you can't clock watch people and have that culture then complain if they pay you back. We need to move to more task oriented working practices where possible imo.

Actually in total agreement with him generally about the 16.59 culture* in this country, boils my p*ss, but the way to go about changing it isn't to humiliate people, shout at them and expect them to magically become great at their jobs. Who knows maybe he did loads of 1 on 1 coaching but I f***ing doubt it.

*Mind you goes both ways, you can't clock watch people and have that culture then complain if they pay you back. We need to move to more task oriented working practices where possible imo.

Team individuality is the best approach for getting the most out of your staff.