Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Not as fun

Richard Mennear‏ @RichMennearJP 4m4 minutes ago

Jim White on talkSPORT has just said it is Juan Sartori, the Uruguayan businessman, who Stewart Donald is meeting in Monaco this weekend. Prepared to invest 'big money' in #SAFC, says White.

He’s pretty loaded by all accounts

Not as fun

Jim White on talkSPORT has just said it is Juan Sartori, the Uruguayan businessman, who Stewart Donald is meeting in Monaco this weekend. Prepared to invest 'big money' in #SAFC, says White.

If he's so rich and interested why didn't he just buy SAFC himself?

If everything goes perfectly for them they're 2 years minimum from getting back to the Premiership.

Not as fun

If he's so rich and interested why didn't he just buy SAFC himself?

If everything goes perfectly for them they're 2 years minimum from getting back to the Premiership.

Exactly. If he sells a stake in the club, it's not worth much. Only thing I could imagine is investors out money forward for players and once thry are sold thry are paid back the sale fee minus a small cut for the club. Not even sure if that's legal...wont stop this chancer trying.

Any serious investor with money would have bought them outright and told Donald to do one.

The Don said on the podcast that the maximum amount he would let someone invest in the club would be 20%. Why would someone with the riches of Sartori be happy with 20% of a League 1 club? In theory he could purchase pretty much anyone he wanted.

"Yorkshire mackems" posts in St Mirren forum 'Black and white army' here:

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44505-sunderland-speak-to-jack-ross/&page=12

See his answer to a wind up about Ross moving on to a bigger club like Newcastle further down.

"Why would he move to a club with less league titles? Now that would be a strange move. I can tell you're all extremely bitter and this probably wasn't a good idea.. :lol:lol". Very selective when it comes to history these lot, Quoting titles won but forgetting that we've never been in the 3rd tier and that we've played 100+ european ties.

The Don said on the podcast that the maximum amount he would let someone invest in the club would be 20%. Why would someone with the riches of Sartori be happy with 20% of a League 1 club? In theory he could purchase pretty much anyone he wanted.

20% initially on the cheap then buy ‘the don’ out if things go well. Possibly

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44505-sunderland-speak-to-jack-ross/&page=12

See his answer to a wind up about Ross moving on to a bigger club like Newcastle further down.

"Why would he move to a club with less league titles? Now that would be a strange move. I can tell you're all extremely bitter and this probably wasn't a good idea.. :lol:lol". Very selective when it comes to history these lot, Qouting titles won but forgetting that we've never been in the 3rd tier and that we've played 100+ european ties.

As if jack Ross or any other manager would care about titles won before they were even born. Fuckin strange lot that. You can almost hear their nails scraping as they desperately clutch for straws

20% initially on the cheap then buy ‘the don’ out if things go well. Possibly

For a man of considerable wealth, it's a weird investment, if he wants to own a football club, Sunderland make zero sense, even if they were still in the PL. We've seen ourselves how clubs in the region are not very attractive to investor and we are way way more alluring than Sunderland, both from a club perspective and the city in which it resides. If I'm a mega rich man who is not sure about getting into footballl, but if he is he's going to do it on the cheap, I'm looking at PL clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton, Huddersfield, Palace or Brighton, if I'm looking at investing in clubs not in the PL, Leeds, both Sheffield clubs, Fulham, Reading, Villa, Forest and all three relegated clubs are way more attractive.

Sunderland are in League one, they have huge financial issues even if the debt is now cleared. There is no guarantee they will even be back in the champo next season, it just doesn't seem like a club an serious investor would want to get involved with, even if they are just getting their foot in the door and taking a watching brief. Their max potential is not that great.

was wondering how he'd made his money and how he'd be connected to some uruguayan businessman, anyway this from wiki sounds very promising for the mackems

He developed a reputation for being careful with money, saying that he "hit the roof" because the club were giving free bottles of water to players who would only drink half; he saved the team £500 by stopping this.

presumably giggs but still

"Why would he move to a club with less league titles? Now that would be a strange move. I can tell you're all extremely bitter and this probably wasn't a good idea.. :lol:lol". Very selective when it comes to history these lot, Qouting titles won but forgetting that we've never been in the 3rd tier and that we've played 100+ european ties.

It seems FA cup wins dont count either unless its 1973. It all depends what their arguing about, for what trophies matter.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: @ Sima

They have zero self awareness, this x fan in peace thing man is pathetic. They bang on about the gravy stained mags, us being obsessed and how that 6 in a row has broken us. Honestly, there is nothing they have or can do to make me want to not be a Geordie or follow my club regardless of how shit we are because to be one of them is to be afflicted. They are the dregs of the NE and considered a non entity by anyone else outside of it. That’s why they call themselves Geordies when on holiday. I’ve never visited a more depressed, backward and downright miserable place than Sunderland nor come across a more bitter, down trodden set of people in my life. If I go to a commercial recycling centre in Sunderland and they see my address, the price goes up and the banter... fucking hell. Yew Jawdees must be feweming finishing 10th and not CL. Rafa? He’s shit man and too good for yews, he’ll leave for a bigger club. Too good for yews like. Sid james’ Park man, what a landfill sat there bang in the city centre like an eye ser, the Sol is a proper ground, built on land that can be developed arl arewened. Weeeeeh have the Don new, good lerk with that fat Spanish waiter. 6 in a row, FTM, 2-1. 9-1, ha ha ha ha ha. We are gerna piss league ono with Rosso and the Dono.