Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Can someone explain what actually has gone on at these? I don't often check there results, and last I checked they where 3rd fighting and having a good chance of automatic Promotion, and probably the best since they actually went down, now they're out of the play-offs entirely. :lol:

Swear this happens every season, something must be seriously rotten inside that club. 

Mackem lad at work reckons they've signed really young players on loan from the likes of Man City and Leeds in key positions who are talented, but aren't developed enough and don't have any experience of playing full seasons. And now they're absolutely knackered.

Don't know anything about any of their players though so who knows how much truth is in that.

Fleetwood down to 10 now too. That'll be a win tonight and you'd bank on one Saturday against struggling Crewe. I'm sure they'll be all for Neill after that.

Edited by Thiago

It's always hilarious when Sunderland lose, but honestly given our own trajectory now I almost want them in the play-offs, actually I wouldn't mind them going up. Seeing them struggle in the championship next year would be fun, add another juicy little narrative which is bound to be an exciting season.

Essentially now, Sunderland are what I have always pretended they are- a diverting irrelevance. This in contrast to how their previous fuck ups at promotion have easily represented the highlight of our own season. 

1st half on Groomer.s was a hoot.

I watched until half time and the atmosphere was toxic as fuck. No wonder the players can't perform. That and they're rank, obvs.

A plus, for me anyway, is Luke O'Nein came on and scored. Of all the takes from STID I garnered was a liking for that lad. Seems like a smashing fella. Too nice for them but of that level professionally.

The other scorers were both the subject of incessant,1st half, bile from the neanderthals so brought on the usual about turn. Loons

4 hours ago, Nine said:

Apparently one of them chucked their season card at the manager and stormed out when they were 0-1 down :lol:

What really comes across in STID is the way their fans instantly and viciously turn the moment things aren't going their way and how much that affects the players. I know we can be guilty of that too, but it seems on a different level there and I think it's one of the main causes of where they are.

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

I don't want them in the Championship next season until or unless our safety was guaranteed. 

Yeah, that was my main concern. I definitely didn't want to be in the same league as them next year, although that is looking a lot less likely now, on both fronts (certainly more than it was at Christmas).

I always said if we push on, and get back towards where we were mid 90's and early 00's then I wouldn't mind them doing what they have for the majority of their time in the Premier League (and what we have for the past 14 years, give or take a year) - ideally us challenging for top 4 and them battling for 17th, and in those days, we would also have the upper hand in the derbies, but now, I'd still like to see them do another couple of years in that league.

Top 2 looks very much beyond them, and you'd think one of either Wigan or MK Dons would be pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot, but then 7 teams battling for 3 spots after that. If they do make the playoffs then hopefully Sheff Wed and an inform Ipswich or Portsmouth are the other two to fill up the remaining spaces.

1 hour ago, Nun tumblers said:

They had to play in Walker Park

Because their pitch was sub standard 

The bairns of walker hoyed dog shit at them and they lost

I'm nominating you for poet laureate of the northeast.  T. S. Elliot never wrote anything more tragic.

23 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

They fucking love making sure everyone knows they’re not still using season ticket bewks these days. Don’t think any other club calls them “season cards”.

What happens when they turn to mobile tickets?

What do they call them then?

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

What happens when they turn to mobile tickets?

What do they call them then?

Looking forward to an RTG thread title..

"That blerk who threw his season phone at Alex when we were getting beat off Sutton at half time"