Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Makes Steven Taylor look really mature. Good skill that.

Seen Taylor out in town last couple of times i've gone back home to Wellington, actually a sound enough guy - even with the drunk degens who actually watch the Phoenix games constantly pestering him.    . 

Judgement may be clouded by him shouting me and assorted company a round on my stag do though.

He shouted you a round?

"ONE FOSTERS, TWO CARLING AND A COORS."

"Cheers Stevie lad."

I don't get this. How are 'Newcastle fans' to blame for Pickford acting like a cunt? Apart from the butterfingers banter, is there any evidence of 'Newcastle fans' doing this to him? That story in the Daily Mails make it like the ones that were abusing his fiancee were 'Newcastle fans' too.

Seen Taylor out in town last couple of times i've gone back home to Wellington, actually a sound enough guy - even with the drunk degens who actually watch the Phoenix games constantly pestering him.    . 

Judgement may be clouded by him shouting me and assorted company a round on my stag do though.

He shouted you a round?

"Cheers Stevie lad."

More a way of resolving the hostage situation of a bunch of drunk morons surrounding him near the bar when he was no doubt trying to focus on more important activities, such as engaging the local bird life.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a-league/109931392/modeldating-welington-phoenix-defender-steven-taylor-whats-the-issue

Guest covmag

I don't get this. How are 'Newcastle fans' to blame for Pickford acting like a cunt? Apart from the butterfingers banter, is there any evidence of 'Newcastle fans' doing this to him? That story in the Daily Mails make it like the ones that were abusing his fiancee were 'Newcastle fans' too.

Same as Shearer being called a wanker in front of kids on a flight home, no rise from him.

He shouted you a round?

"Cheers Stevie lad."

More a way of resolving the hostage situation of a bunch of drunk morons surrounding him near the bar when he was no doubt trying to focus on more important activities, such as engaging the local bird life.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a-league/109931392/modeldating-welington-phoenix-defender-steven-taylor-whats-the-issue

I wonder if maybe Pickford is stupid enough to be an genuine moron, but has some kind of granule of sense in there which allows a recognition of how stupid he makes himself look and gives rise to the anger?  Maybe missing that granule is what allows Taylor to be blissfully uncaring about pub hecklers and tabloid scuttlebutt.

Quite a few of your lot are not just strangers, but just simply strange - constantly boasting pre-match about how much support you'd bring down, how there would be thousands of Sunderland fans in our end, how we'd have blocks of empty seating in our end, how you'd drown us out from start to finish.

Living in some sort of alternative reality fantasy world.

Quite a few of your lot are not just strangers, but just simply strange - constantly boasting pre-match about how much support you'd bring down, how there would be thousands of Sunderland fans in our end, how we'd have blocks of empty seating in our end, how you'd drown us out from start to finish.

:lol:

Bottom reply on page 1:

In his own town as well

The same mags would have been cheering his name in the World Cup

I remember watching one of the England World Cup games in Durham and there was a small group of Newcastle fans- the Sunderland fans (outnumbering the Newcastle fans) started singing “Jordan Pickford he’s one of our own” and the same Newcastle fans joinzed in ! Kid you not

Why do they always try and pretend they have loads of fans? I'm not saying there wasn't more Sunderland fans in this particular situation, but why would you mention Sunderland fans outnumbered Newcastle fans. It's completely irrelevant to the story. Proper weird cunts like.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah man, that thread is a fantastic read. The amount of definitely true stories that definitely happened where another set of fans were 'looking for trouble' and then ran away when the Mackems squared up to them is incredible. :lol: That entire forum is a r/thathappened goldmine.

MAG

one of them spotted him on a plane up from London on Sunday and serenaded him with the Shearer is a wanker song.

Thats fine apparently.

Also the 2 Pickford vids dont match up, the first pub is in Boldon, wheras the scuffle is in Sunderland

Guest firetotheworks

Thought I'd just highlight a few of my favourites. Some Mackems, some Pompey fans.

Mackems

Had a jealous chip on there shoulder all day

True reflection of a small club , trying to get the attention on their big day out

Trafalgar Square on the saturday night pushed them over the edge, éspecially with all of the positive media attention it got around the country. Theyre playing second fiddle to SAFC and they know it.

"Pushed them over the edge" :lol:

You could tell they are absolutely jealous as hell of the size of SAFC and the national coverage we recieved over trafalgar square.

From personal experience they're a bit envious of us. They were the Billy Big Bollocks in the lower divisions with their crowd numbers and that, a few of them have a problem that they're no longer the biggest fish in the small pond.

They were the big boys till sadly we joined them and now it hurts them !

I find it quite funny how they seem to have a huge preoccupation with us and our fans (see their message boards). I guess they were used to always being the big fish and we’ve rocked up in their pond and put their noses out with our larger attendances, better performance in the league to date and also the fact we have the media’s eye (Netflix and Trafalgar Square).

Fair play to them for turning up in such numbers, it was a good weekend and a good game to watch but let’s face it, if we get promoted and they don’t, then we will have had the fantastically better season and they will be left to defend their trophy next season against under 23 teams. It was a fantastic weekend at Wembley but bragging rights over this trophy when the game was a game of two halves seems a bit premature to me

Pompey

Reiver said: ↑

The 'idiots on both sides' excuse doesn't work on this occasion I'm afraid ..

... how many posts are, on your boards, about Sunderland starting trouble and looking for fights?

SW-Blue said:

We won. We aren't talking about your fans at all.

:lol: You'd think it would click with them eventually.

Just wanted to come on and congratulate you lads on your big Trafalgar square trophy win on Saturday.

Long way to come to dance in a fountain mind.

Pompey1898 said:

So how many songs did you sing? Oh yeah "by far the greatest team" that everyone else sings. Well done. And your so called club song before the game that loads of your fans didn't even seem to know the words of.

Embarrassing.

Mackem and then Pompey reply.

Effrafax said: ↑

Meet some canny Pompey fans, there were some utter arseholes as well too mind, good turn out for a small club though, hope you enjoyed your big day.

"Our big game"?! 6th Wembley appearance in 11 years, including two F.A cup finals. Not the tinpot trophy like yesterday, which your lot were so excited about they were going to get thousands of tickets in our end according to some of your dreamers.

Caer_Urfa said: ↑

You shouldn't be proud of your supporters. Absolute scum some of them, and it wasn't a tiny minority, it was large groups of them all over. Happens often when small clubs reach Wembley and they end up with 10 to 20 thousand plastic fans joining in.

Doesn't say much for your support them, when our "plastics" out sang your proper fans according to loads on this forum.

I am (Wearside) Jack's complete lack of self awareness:

sw-blue said: ↑

Mate, you are a super massive club but we dont have an ounce of jealousy as we are super proud of our club. It ain't a pissing contest.

You shouldn't be proud of your supporters. Absolute scum some of them, and it wasn't a tiny minority, it was large groups of them all over. Happens often when small clubs reach Wembley and they end up with 10 to 20 thousand plastic fans joining in.

I don't hate Pompy fans, vast majority were fine and as you say there are dicks on all sides. The Adam Johnson paedo chants tend to raise a certain reaction though.

'A certain reaction' is one way of putting it. :lol:

From the Classy section

There was one or two mentioning Netflix but the worst was a group of about 8-10 sang 'You're so Northern, you eat off the floor' which im nearly sure lead to one or two getting a clip and a few cans lobbed at their head.

and of course in that situation it's the ones punching people and throwing cans that are the stoic defenders of classiness. :lol:

Well after yesterday if we get them again in the Playoffs I’ll not be braking when the idiots run across the road while I’m driving.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, you can feel the class OOZING out of this post marra.

Seemed a bizarre atmosphere at times as it felt like there was general hatred towards us.

But I thought every other set of fans they met love them and hate us? Weird.

It's a shame,

I've always been very impressed with the Pompey away support in Sunderland, both numbers and vocally. In some ways they are like the SAFC of the south.

They have a very vocal hardcore who travel very well and are top footy supporters.

'Top footy supporters' :lol: - oooooooh ah love the footy. Footy and breckie are me best mates.

From the That Happened section:

Sunderland fans hard.

Not glorifying violence or anything but when we drew down there 1-1 in the 90's - we were in their pubs before and had no problems, Lee Howey scored a last-minute winner and they were waiting for us in one of them back-lanes but they were full of piss and wind and ran away.

a fat monster with a baseball cap on was regaling us with the Adam Johnson song, I just laughed at him and said yeah, never ever been any Paedophiles from Pompey. No answer from him.

Must be because they're all definitely hard.

Dont agree at all about our support not having "lads" among it mind. Theres some mad bastards :lol:

Difference being we (SAFCS) were there for a good time not to act like whoppers

The Pompey fans will have known who they were starting with

THE HARDEST FANS IN THE WORLD, THAT'S WHO!

Didn’t see what happened in the lead up to the Pompey fan being put on his arse but when he stood back up half of his face was red raw. The SAFC lad that was stood over him said to the closest copper “he’s just hit me in the head” and the copper pushed the Pompey lad down the steps and told him to fuck off and let our lad walk off.

The Feyernoord lot we’re just in front of it so the Pompey lad was probably lucky the copper pushed him away.

Classy antics. Definitely not in the wrong there.

It felt to me like there was little pockets of them intent on having a go including one who gave my nephew a sly dig and shit himself when he realised that the rest of the group had spotted this.

and then everyone stood up and clapped.

The first trouble I ever seen at a football match was against Portsmouth in the early 90s. I was only a kid and I seen a couple of Portsmouth fans get a kicking on the way to Roker Park. Not sure what had happened prior to set it off mind.

I'm sure it was nothing to do with anything the Mackems did though, because they're all classy and don't look for trouble.

Charlestonian said: ↑

The ones that were being wankers got a slap from what I saw. There was some clown behind me singing ‘you’re just a shit show on Netflix’ but he sharp shit himself when we started giving him shit.

They knew not to mess with them because they're all, to a man, definitely hard as fuck.

Not a chance the Stone Island kid hoolies travelled up thinking Sunderland were a soft touch. What they didn't account for was the hangovers...

...unless they're hungover, which they all were.

I remember when Palace played up and invaded the pitch against us down at their place for confrontation.

The return leg and Palace fans who were clearly not wanting trouble were getting it as they walked along millennium way,

The Sunderland lads were irate at what happend down at Selhurst park.

Because celebrating staying up at your own stadium is somehow all about Sunderland and its wonderful fans, so it's fine.

A glance at that forum reveals tales of defecation, pissing themselves, being so drunk they were puking over people in seats in front of them, general low life behaviour and seemingly preferring a drunken mass meeting away from the stadium rather than getting behind their team during the match  :idiot2: 

What a time they must have had  :)

Oh and then there's the usual geriatric wannabe hoolies giving a minute by minute account of what did and didn't go on except this time instead of boasting about what and who they did, they've decided to claim the self-righteous moral high ground as they obviously didn't fancy it against Pompey's low lives.

It really is a weird site.