Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't disagree @Hovagod - we should be very self aware of our role in all this and make sure we aren't coopted into something as a fan base. If support the team, not the regime, was acceptable under Ashley then the same should be true now. We should be pushing our governments and genuine decision makers to enact change.

I also think those Sunderland fans have shown how hollow their supposed principles are. Had they stayed consistent - criticising fans that wore Saudi dress and waved flags - they'd have my respect. They didn't. They tarred everyone that didn't abandon the club with the same brush. Now there's a sniff that Abu Dhabi could invest in them and suddenly its 'oh well I wouldn't be ecstatic about it' or ' I wouldn't go round in the garb'. 

It's mental gymnastics to justify things. They're desperate to be in our shoes from a sporting and financial perspective just as I imagine many fans where when Man City were bought out. 

I don’t mind that Madmistake guy. I think he’s genuinely a nice guy who just loves his team and is constantly let down by them. I think we all know that feeling.

When he talks about us there doesn’t seem to be any real animosity from him.

The people he gets in camera are some right knackers, but then again we have some kid who dropped out of uni in order to stand in front of cars at our training ground for YouTube videos humiliating our fan base.

16 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t mind that Madmistake guy. I think he’s genuinely a nice guy who just loves his team and is constantly let down by them. I think we all know that feeling.

The people he gets in camera are some right knackers, but then again we have some kid who dropped out of uni in order to stand in front of cars at our training ground for YouTube videos humiliating our fan base.

He really is. He always wishes the opposition teams well for the season and ends his videos with 'God bless, may God go with you.'  

I'd happily go for a pint with him. He was good watch during COVID as well. Give me him over some of the 'celebrities' that put on fake characters any day.

13 minutes ago, Thiago said:

He really is. He always wishes the opposition teams well for the season and ends his videos with 'God bless, may God go with you.'  

I'd happily go for a pint with him. He was good watch during COVID as well. Give me him over some of the 'celebrities' that put on fake characters any day.

He seems nice enough, has a canny way of being inclusive, so I can’t fault the guy.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

the longer it goes on, the more they fade and we shine, the further any significant investment heads their way. 

The more entrenched they become in the ENTIRE nufc fanbase wearing head garbs and tossing gays off St James' roof.

They can't possibly accept that it is a small minority of fans, they and the rest of the morally superior fans look on in disgust it seems.

I look on in disgust, majority of the 50,000 of fans don't celebrate with head gear and Saudi flags ffs.

Their poor run has come at the same time that the teams which were just above, around and below them, have maintained pretty decent form. The likes of Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Bolton were miles behind them and now they are right up there on their tails. Presently I can see these finishing 8-10th and then as a club, they will seriously implode.

Edited by et tu brute

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

the longer it goes on, the more they fade and we shine, the further any significant investment heads their way. 

I dunno they've sweet talked Drumville, Short (with Quinn's taking full-houses 98-02 as the rule not exception) and now Satori and KLD, after the previous sugar-daddies, lost fortunes and got not thanks for it, into investing in them for some reason.

Used to say to a bloke I worked with that we had the wrong owners, based on how we responded to investment under SJH compared to them and how Ashley probably wouldn't run up debts if he owned them writing cheques their support couldn't cash.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Saw a few in that thread saying everyone will hate us. We've been an irrelevance to everyone the last 14 years where nobody even cares about Newcastle so that really doesn't bother me one iota. 

That's basically me. I'd be humble with and thankful for the minority of fans/media that were on our side and cared about a club being maltreated through the last era. But 90% either didn't care or thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the mackems.

that threat always reminds me of Chandler's response to winning money from Phoebe on friends after betting and she says it cursed "I'll take it, bad things happen to me anyway (people hate us anyway). This way i can break them up with a movie"

11 hours ago, Scoot said:

I see they're already got their stories straight just in case they ever attract middle east investment.

The earlier post was about the difference between being happy your team might improve vs sticking teatowels on your heads, Saudi flags in your profile, taking to social media to defend one of the worst regimes in the world, and using the unearned billions of some murderous nonce in the Middle East as a stick to beat the fella down the road who happens to support a different football club with.

As I mentioned, the first attitude is one I'd very likely have myself. I wouldn't do any of the creepy shit mentioned after that, though. There are decent mags who get on here who feel the same, so it is possible.

I think what he's trying to say, although they'd accept middle east millions, they wouldn't be happy about it like we are![emoji38]

I agree with him.

It's perfectly possible to be happy with new owners and the investment and new ideas/ambition they bring without being endeared by whatever else they may be doing. Continuing to support your club is not an endorsement of the activities of the new owners. Claiming it is is just as daft as putting a tea towel on your head or waving the new owner's flag. At the end of the day we are all just fans supporting the club we fell in love with. As fans we have very little control over who owns the club or even how they chose to run the club. Knowing how it felt under Ashley I have sympathy for every football fan of a club whose owners don't do right to the club and strive to make it the best it can be within reason, even the mackems under their current ownership. I also have sympathy for people criticising our new owners for non-club related matters, and criticising fans who openly defend them for it. What I can't agree with is tarring all fans of a club with the same brush for something entirely beyond their control.

12 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Saw a few in that thread saying everyone will hate us. We've been an irrelevance to everyone the last 14 years where nobody even cares about Newcastle so that really doesn't bother me one iota. 

I’m absolutely gagging for everyone to hate us :lol:

10 hours ago, Stifler said:

A good friend of mine knows him very well through Morpeth Harriers and won't have a bad word said against him, says he's a really good bloke.  He used to be a very good runner and competed nationally.  I don't have a problem with his videos at all.  There's one kicking about somewhere which is entitled something like Five reasons why Sunderland is the best place in the world, and it's actually quite entertaining.

Started watching STID again last night. It's really incredible how far they've fallen. Only watched the first two episodes, they're yet to play Derby in game1, and you can see how and why it went wrong.

Gibson on his self destruction route should've been a wake up call, for eg, and a CEO who loves himself more than Pardew did.

I actually feel sorry for them. The normals. 

It could've happened to us and a cursory glance at divisions 1,2 & 3 show the scale of bad decision making in football.

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I’m absolutely gagging for everyone to hate us :lol:

Forget the bigger name signings, or the first trophy, I personally won't feel like we have hit the big time till everyone starts to hate us. That and we start getting a lot of dodgy ref decisions magically start going our way. 

23 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Forget the bigger name signings, or the first trophy, I personally won't feel like we have hit the big time till everyone starts to hate us. That and we start getting a lot of dodgy ref decisions magically start going our way. 

Can't wait to be called a glory hunter for the first time ?