Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, maze said:

:spit:

Have to say, had similar issues when I was a season ticket holder in the Gallowgate tbf. 90 mins of fucking acrid farts, mixed in with fag smoke. Horrific. Needed a fucking hose down afterwards. 

33 minutes ago, GWN said:

could be aye 

It is that (unless you think that in the, what 30/40/50 years you've been watching football matches without interruption, nobody in the crowd at any match you've ever watched or attended, ever needed a paramedic), but also, why would anyone jump to "oh this never happened before the vaccines" rather than "oh this never happened before the virus that's killed at least 180,000 people in this country alone and is known to leave many people with long term health issues"?

That's a really odd jump that my brain's not capable of making.

22 minutes ago, Wullie said:

It is that (unless you think that in the, what 30/40/50 years you've been watching football matches without interruption, nobody in the crowd at any match you've ever watched or attended, ever needed a paramedic), but also, why would anyone jump to "oh this never happened before the vaccines" rather than "oh this never happened before the virus that's killed at least 180,000 people in this country alone and is known to leave many people with long term health issues"?

That's a really odd jump that my brain's not capable of making.

That shows that more attention is being brought to these incidents now and any claim of a correlation between this and vaccines is guess work at the moment yes.  But it doesn't prove the incidents haven't increased or that the incidents definite arent related to vaccines.  We'd need to see actual data to get a idea of that.  Also 180k is the number of people with covid mentioned on the death certificate.  The only criteria for mentioning covid on a death certificate is that the person dies within 28 days of a positive test.  The number of people with covid as the sole reason of death, from ONS directly, is 17.5k.  So it's safe to say somewhere between 17.5k and 180k have died of covid, not at least 180k.

2 minutes ago, Teasy said:

That shows that more attention is being brought to these incidents now and any claim of a correlation between this and vaccines is guess work at the moment yes.  But it doesn't prove the incidents haven't increased or that the incidents definite arent related to vaccines.  We'd need to see actual data to get a idea of that.  Also 180k is the number of people with covid mentioned on the death certificate.  The only criteria for mentioning covid on a death certificate is that the person dies within 28 days of a positive test.  The number of people with covid as the sole reason of death, from ONS directly, is 17.5k.  So it's safe to say somewhere between 17.5k and 180k have died of covid, not at least 180k.

There never used to be a stoppage for medical emergencies. I'm pretty sure nufc.com did some coverage about how overall, problems in the crowd were down for the year.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

There never used to be a stoppage for medical emergencies. I'm pretty sure nufc.com did some coverage about how overall, problems in the crowd were down for the year.

Literally everyone who's been on here or used to read NUFC.com match reports will have read countless times about how some old gadgie in the crowd had a heart attack and either died or was okay. 

If we're going with the 'no one can prove it's not caused by X' then my fill in the blank is a pretty firm 'increased awareness/kneejerk/overreaction/whatever you want to call it following us almost watching Cristian Eriksen die'