Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Every single piece of news that comes out of that place is negative and screams that they're absolutely, completely, totally fucking potless. Like using some ticket money to refund other ticket money. Selling off nearly all of the young prospects for buttons. Downgrading the academy in the pipeline, furloughing as many for as long as possible etc.

No idea what their plan is to stay afloat but I don't even think they've bottomed out yet, it'll get worse in the next few months if they can't pay their bills. Awful news.

It’s funny when they keep saying ‘and I thought we hit rock bottom when...’ unable to realise more is coming their way.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and these fuckers have fell through a gigantic sinkhole with all the things that apparently make them a big club weighing them down further.

Mark Campbell is sniffing again and apparently in advanced talks. Out of the fire and in to the furnace.

The only advantage they had over the rest of the division was crowd size. That's now gone if there's a L1 season at all it'll probably be BCD and fan income will be, broadly, equalised. Even then a lot of them are saying they're not putting another penny in until The Don goes. Sponsorship will be virtually nothing, merchandise will be very small I just don't know how they're going to honour the contracts of Cattermole and Oviedo let alone the players still there. The owners have no cash and they've already borrowed £10m. Players still need to be paid and refunds given out. They're staring into the abyss and it could be years and years of rattling around in L1 and 2 before they get themselves out of the shit.

:)

Every single piece of news that comes out of that place is negative and screams that they're absolutely, completely, totally fucking potless. Like using some ticket money to refund other ticket money. Selling off nearly all of the young prospects for buttons. Downgrading the academy in the pipeline, furloughing as many for as long as possible etc.

No idea what their plan is to stay afloat but I don't even think they've bottomed out yet, it'll get worse in the next few months if they can't pay their bills. Awful news.

It’s funny when they keep saying ‘and I thought we hit rock bottom when...’ unable to realise more is coming their way.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall, and these fuckers have fell through a gigantic sinkhole with all the things that apparently make them a big club weighing them down further.

Mark Campbell is sniffing again and apparently in advanced talks. Out of the fire and in to the furnace.

The only advantage they had over the rest of the division was crowd size. That's now gone if there's a L1 season at all it'll probably be BCD and fan income will be, broadly, equalised. Even then a lot of them are saying they're not putting another penny in until The Don goes. Sponsorship will be virtually nothing, merchandise will be very small I just don't know how they're going to honour the contracts of Cattermole and Oviedo let alone the players still there. The owners have no cash and they've already borrowed £10m. Players still need to be paid and refunds given out. They're staring into the abyss and it could be years and years of rattling around in L1 and 2 before they get themselves out of the shit.

Even crowd size has had its negatives. Players who are at this level and have been brought in have struggled to play in front of large crowds with big expectations. Additionally the big crowds in their big stadium has opposition rocking up wanting to perform on this stage, for some of them the biggest they’ve played in. They also know the crowd can be counterproductive and the away team can get under their skin quickly, especially when they apply pressure to their players on the ball forcing mistakes...then comes the beeeeeeeeeew.

Every last thing that should make things easier for them has held them back. The cost of running the stadium, the crowds, the expectations, the academy costs and their perceived better players, some who had premiership experience. It’s been a canny act from the owners to inflict this much damage, and most of it not on purpose. It’s like some bizarre experiment Played out by a computer to see how quickly you can ruin a top flight football club but it wasn’t quick enough 1st time round so they added sim city style disasters to speed it up.

Next up safc  invaded by aliens.  :lol:

Totally forgot about the squad they've got. I can't think of a single one who they could sell for decent money. Absolute dross that no-one would want to pay even small amounts of money for. They've only retained about 12 players in total anyway, none of them are good enough for the 'Champo'.

Even crowd size has had its negatives. Players who are at this level and have been brought in have struggled to play in front of large crowds with big expectations. Additionally the big crowds in their big stadium has opposition rocking up wanting to perform on this stage, for some of them the biggest they’ve played in. They also know the crowd can be counterproductive and the away team can get under their skin quickly, especially when they apply pressure to their players on the ball forcing mistakes...then comes the beeeeeeeeeew.

Every last thing that should make things easier for them has held them back. The cost of running the stadium, the crowds, the expectations, the academy costs and their perceived better players, some who had premiership experience. It’s been a canny act from the owners to inflict this much damage, and most of it not on purpose. It’s like some bizarre experiment Played out by a computer to see how quickly you can ruin a top flight football club but it wasn’t quick enough 1st time round so they added sim city style disasters to speed it up.

Stadium of Light built on an as-yet undiscovered Sunlin Burial Ground, evil zombie lads fans crawl up from under the turf and beat the first team 2-1.

Totally forgot about the squad they've got. I can't think of a single one who they could sell for decent money. Absolute dross that no-one would want to pay even small amounts of money for. They've only retained about 12 players in total anyway, none of them are good enough for the 'Champo'.

O’Nien (sp?) seems to be the only one half rated but he’s not played higher than he is now.

TBH I don’t how the whole league starts again without being subsidised given how reliant clubs are on revenue money. Heard part of their podcast and they were absolutely gasping for other clubs to go to the wall because they refused to promote them by default.

Stadium of Light built on an as-yet undiscovered Sunlin Burial Ground, evil zombie lads fans crawl up from under the turf and beat the first team 2-1.

:lol: :lol:

MLF-Z only had 9 players as well as 2 choked to further death on the swirling plastic bags as they rose from the ground.

As much as I love to laugh at these cunts, closing down their academy is really bad news (if that was true). It affects a lot more people than just mackems, potentially our own HTT for example.

I don't wish them any luck in any game they play and would be happy for them to stay in league one at least until we turn into a decent side again, but don't want them to go bust or even drop further than this.

As much as I love to laugh at these c***s, closing down their academy is really bad news (if that was true). It affects a lot more people than just mackems, potentially our own HTT for example.

I don't wish them any luck in any game they play and would be happy for them to stay in league one at least until we turn into a decent side again, but don't want them to go bust or even drop further than this.

Trouble is unless a rich bloke comes along that’s the reality of what’s going to happen.

Could probably get a million or two for Will Grigg from a championship team who need a catchy chant

As much as I love to laugh at these cunts, closing down their academy is really bad news (if that was true). It affects a lot more people than just mackems, potentially our own HTT for example.

The problem is that a 5* UEFA rated Academy and the running costs that come with that aren't really viable for a League One club. It was always going to happen if they stayed down there for a few seasons.

Guest neesy111

The problem is that a 5* UEFA rated Academy and the running costs that come with that aren't really viable for a League One club. It was always going to happen if they stayed down there for a few seasons.

Yeap.

Could probably get a million or two for Will Grigg from a championship team who need a catchy chant

"Will Grigg's on furlough,

HMRC are terrified"

"Will Grigg's on furlough,

HMRC are terrified"

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Doesn't seem that long ago that was watching Sunderland/Everton in the pub with my mate. 5 pints later, and we were relegated - felt so fucking low.

And look at things now. Mackems are beyond fucked, and we're (hopefully) going to be taken over.

Doesn't seem that long ago that was watching Sunderland/Everton in the pub with my mate. 5 pints later, and we were relegated - felt so fucking low.

And look at things now. Mackems are beyond fucked, and we're (hopefully) going to be taken over.

You just knew this was going to happen though, same as our first relegation. All we needed to do was get promoted and it was a foregone conclusion that we'd be regularly above them in the table.

You just knew this was going to happen though, same as our first relegation. All we needed to do was get promoted and it was a foregone conclusion that we'd be regularly above them in the table.

True.

Someone put in a group chat "mackems in admin?" so I looked on the SMB - the NUFC thread is near the top of the board and they're talking about Rafa on the last page just for a change  :lol: :lol:

I dread to think of how some of them would genuinely cope if he returns and wins us a trophy!

Someone put in a group chat "mackems in admin?" so I looked on the SMB - the NUFC thread is near the top of the board and they're talking about Rafa on the last page just for a change  :lol: :lol:

I dread to think of how some of them would genuinely cope if he returns and wins us a trophy!

They get proper riled up about how much we rate Rafa yet dislike Bruce and pardew. Had we turned on Rafa (like they would have) then they’d be lauding him as a world class manager that we ran out of town. The fact we stuck by him and him us even in the championship boils their piss.

They get proper riled up about how much we rate Rafa yet dislike Bruce and pardew. Had we turned on Rafa (like they would have) then they’d be lauding him as a world class manager that we ran out of town. The fact we stuck by him and him us even in the championship boils their piss.

Ha aye! It's absolutely insane how they go on about him! As I said, I genuinely fear for some of them if he does return and wins us something! Especially when their derby will be South Shields by then!

Doesn't seem that long ago that was watching Sunderland/Everton in the pub with my mate. 5 pints later, and we were relegated - felt so f***ing low.

And look at things now. Mackems are beyond f***ed, and we're (hopefully) going to be taken over.

Aye but 6inarow marrs