Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

If they do manage to go up, has this new owner indicated he is wiling to spend some money, their team looks very poor and it will cost a bomb just to stay in the division 

No he's indicated that he will operate within their budget and finanial restrictions. Going to be ineresting to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

If they do manage to go up, has this new owner indicated he is wiling to spend some money, their team looks very poor and it will cost a bomb just to stay in the division 

Apparently only half a dozen or so of their players aren't out of contract in the summer too. 

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Theyve got £60m to spend if they go up. 

Nope that’s their full budget. There was a thread on SMB a few weeks ago after that was reported a few weeks ago in the Sun and even the mackems were saying that’s wrong. There is an accountant in the know big wig (seemingly)’on there who was explaining why that was rubbish. 

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Will the crowds be back for the playoffs?

Only once the beer can river races have been completed or the assigned seat has been self installed prior to kickoff. 

13 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

1. They won’t go up.

2. Even if they do, they’ll not be spending £60m.

Aye, EFL FFP will hammer them if they spend £60m.

It would be more like £6m.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Seems like they genuinely hate Peterborough. Even for their standards of bitterness and loathing towards anything and anyone. 

But why? Is it just jealousy? I mean, I live near Peterborough and yes, it's a bit of a dive, not what I'd necessarily call a football city either... but it's no Sunderland. During our low times I've often had Peterborough as a bit of a second team, they're usually pretty good with their local community and the fans aren't nearly as fanatical or arsey as some I've seen.

4 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

But why? Is it just jealousy? I mean, I live near Peterborough and yes, it's a bit of a dive, not what I'd necessarily call a football city either... but it's no Sunderland. During our low times I've often had Peterborough as a bit of a second team, they're usually pretty good with their local community and the fans aren't nearly as fanatical or arsey as some I've seen.

I think it genuinely just boils down to them not winning 100% of their games against clubs they think should treat them like royalty and be deferential to them. Not just Peterborough but they’re obviously current as they went up.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

I think it genuinely just boils down to them not winning 100% of their games against clubs they think should treat them like royalty and be deferential to them. Not just Peterborough but they’re obviously current as they went up.

Exactly