Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Expect fireworks. 

Of the few stories I heard about him it's that he struggles to relate to players below his level. 

I think he struggles to relate to people and is a borderline psychopath.

Bet its like he didn't do s**t at Ipswich.

I like how they completely idolise people for very little reason but also re-write history as they go.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/04/sunderland-roy-keane

“Sunderland sit 18th in the Premier League, having lost five of their last six games. Keane, whose contract was due to expire at the end of the season, was booed after their most recent match, a 4-1 defeat to Bolton on Saturday, and admitted afterwards that he had doubts as to whether he should be in the job.”

A bloke who took charge of them for 18 months being a hero because he might shout at people. A bit like Cattermole, absolutely dogshit but they love him because of a perceived, but misplaced, tough man attitude.

All of this perfectly fits for a team of cloggers in the lower leagues though, maybe they’re not in the wrong league after all. 

Awful appointment. Has only managed 2 clubs and was sacked both times (11 years ago too). Shame as I like his punditry on sky so will miss the arguements with Carragher, Neville, Richards, Redknapp, etc 

Just cant see why they wouldn't go for Neil Warnock who has gotten several teams promoted and would definitely do a decent job there. 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

I reckon he'd get them up, like. Hope they look elsewhere.

Based on what?

He’s not been a manager for 11 years, has only had two previous jobs and failed miserably at his most recent one.

His only success a solitary promotion with the mackems from the Championship 14 years ago, but then hounded out six months later.

Makes less sense than when we appointed Kinnear, he had only been out of work for four years.

Kinnear was a joke, Keane will have respect tge moment he walks in from both the players and fans. With Defoe coming in as well they could easy ride promotion on the buzz of both men coming in. That's all it takes down there. It could be a game changer for them, or it could all come apart. An interesting watch either way for the neutral.

Keane would be a timebomb waiting to go off at any point over the next year or so imo. Not saying it would be a bad appointment, it could go very very well for them in the short term tbh. I just think he's massively volatile and it could end at any point as soon as he loses his shit. 

Maybe they're only interested in the short term? Meh, we'll see. 

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Kinnear was a joke, Keane will have respect tge moment he walks in from both the players and fans. With Defoe coming in as well they could easy ride promotion on the buzz of both men coming in. That's all it takes down there. It could be a game changer for them, or it could all come apart. An interesting watch either way for the neutral.

They can respect him all they like but he’s hardly Mr Motivator is he?

The days of just shouting at footballers and telling them to run faster, work harder or that they’re shit are long gone.