Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran - SPA & POR advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My wife and I were running late to the Morocco-Iran match yesterday, so we just called a taxi to drop us off at the "football stadium". Unfortunately, this guy managed to take us to the Petrovsky stadium (The previous Zenit stadium, which is currently decrepit and has no tenant, rather than the billion-dollar structure hosting a World Cup match within the hour).

Love that :lol:

:memelol:

My wife and I were running late to the Morocco-Iran match yesterday, so we just called a taxi to drop us off at the "football stadium". Unfortunately, this guy managed to take us to the Petrovsky stadium (The previous Zenit stadium, which is currently decrepit and has no tenant, rather than the billion-dollar structure hosting a World Cup match within the hour).

Incredible  :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Proof that not everyone in Piter is some Napoli type nutter about football. Their taxi drivers are the best for fantastic stories about local and forrin drunks, so I can never bring myself to hate them :lol:

Guest neesy111

Over 12m people watched the match last night, pretty impressive.

I'm guessing in the UK, those are excellent figures.

Fantastic game that was! Despite the so-so result there were lots of positives to take, particularly Costa finally looking dangerous for us. Pity that De Gea went all Karius on us.

Nonetheless it was quite the spectacle, made wading through all the previous shit games worthy.

Pity that De Gea went all Karius on us.

Thank you! Was starting to think I watched a different game to everyone else :lol: :lol:

For all those GOATs being thrown about last night, I'm sure David De Karius had some money on a hat-trick, such were the goals.

Pity that De Gea went all Karius on us.

Thank you! Was starting to think I watched a different game to everyone else :lol: :lol:

For all those GOATs being thrown about last night, I'm sure David De Karius had some money on a hat-trick, such were the goals.

The second one obviously was his fuck up, but no keeper would save the free-kick like. :lol:

Man, Segun is at the World Cup? That's so dope man.

Dude did you manage to get tickets to watch any Nigeria games?

Not going to Kaliningrad, too much of a trek. Volgograd for Iceland is possible. St. Petersburg for Argentina is a definite.

Ah, okay. Fair enough.

Hope I get a chance to go to the world cup someday. Enjoy :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Ronaldo is fucking amazing by the way, Messi is the better footballer no arguments there, but I for whatever reason, prefer watching Ronaldo and would have him over Messi in my team.

He brings a level of intensity, drive and sheer determination as an individual to the table that I don’t think anyone else ever has or will, not on a global level anyway.

It’s that kind of mentality that can drag a team to another level all on his own like Maradona once did and Zidane. If he were to take Portugal all the way, I think he would have a legitimate claim to being the best of all time.

No doubt the Messi fan boys (hey I rate the guy as the best footballer ever) will have a say about that, but when you are talking about the best and greatest, it transcends just football ability, its about much much more.

Messi will never be considered better than Maradona in his homeland and long after he’s retired for example. people will highlight Maradano’s impact for clubs, country and the wider game in a historical context more than Messi. Unless he wins the World Cup that is and even then because Maradona was so enigmatic and different to what went before and since really, a WC win may not even be enough. Same for Ronaldo too!

Man, Segun is at the World Cup? That's so dope man.

Dude did you manage to get tickets to watch any Nigeria games?

Not going to Kaliningrad, too much of a trek. Volgograd for Iceland is possible. St. Petersburg for Argentina is a definite.

Wow. Always wanted to go to Russia, but didn't feel like I'd be welcome based on stories from people I know who've gone.