Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran - SPA & POR advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iran are one of the best coached teams in the whole tournament considering their available players. Lots of enjoyable committed challenges, and some decent play when they actually had possession.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the destructive tactics. It was far better than watching them play openly and losing 5-0.

Iran are one of the best coached teams in the whole tournament considering their available players. Lots of enjoyable committed challenges, and some decent play when they actually had possession.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the destructive tactics. It was far better than watching them play openly and losing 5-0.

I'm more bored of them because they did the exact same thing at 2014. There is not any novelty to it anymore, and it is not pleasant to watch at all. I appreciate it because they have so much less talent than a country like mine and compete just as well, if not better, but I was expecting poor games as soon as the groups were drawn in December.

Prefer a poor side trying to defend against a really good one than the other two games we saw today: good sides with lots of talent getting an opener against an inferior one and sitting on the one goal lead.

We weren't too good and Iran were great.

Anyway, if I'm getting this right we have to better Portugal's result against Iran in order to finish first. Not sure what happens if we finish with the same GD and goals scored.

We really must finish 1st because by hook or by crook Russia is getting to quarter finals. Rather have Ronaldo deal with the polonium salad.

Saw yellow cards mentioned on Twitter, saying Spain were top

Just checked - we've got one less yellow than them so it's hardly a commanding advantage. Tbf I enjoy when a group is set up nicely for the last game, Iran could even qualify if they somehow pull the upset.

Prefer a poor side trying to defend against a really good one than the other two games we saw today: good sides with lots of talent getting an opener against an inferior one and sitting on the one goal lead.

Yes that's exactly it. That's the difference between why I found the Uruguay game unwatchable, but thoroughly enjoyed that one.

Wasting great players with negative tactics is far worse than raising a shit team with them.

This is something that gets forgotten like, if Spain had scored 2 early goals then I might as well just switch over.