Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark - FRA & DEN advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Can still see Peru going through. Denmark defended well, but I can see them breaking down Australia and France.

The ref blowing up there is such a dick move. :lol:

was fucking shouting at the TV for him to hurry up and take it and instead he's stood there ball under his arm waiting for something ffs. Could see the whistle coming a mile off

No way Peru should have lost that game. Guy who missed the penalty must feel as low as you can get about now.

Pundits talking crap about a moment of quality winning the game, all the quality I saw was Peruvian.

I want us to sign Cueva.

I liked him too. Someone in Europe will certainly pick him up after the tournament. Had a very good game outside of the unfortunate penalty.

No way Peru should have lost that game. Guy who missed the penalty must feel as low as you can get about now.

Pundits talking crap about a moment of quality winning the game, all the quality I saw was Peruvian.

Peru were great :thup: Feel bad for them, but if anything Denmark could very possibly be beaten by Australia and Peru could very well beat the French. They looked more dangerous with Guerrero on.

Guerrero made a big difference. Either by direct involvement or just his presence. Peru can be pretty optimistic about their two other games.

Bit of shooting practice required.

Fun second half to watch.

Guest Howaythetoon

Carrillo looks a fun player, I thought Peru played some great stuff and were unlucky to lose that as they had plenty of chances to score. I hope they don’t go out in the group stages as they play good stuff.

Correct decision.

The only problem was the fact play carried on for like 30 seconds then he brought it all the way back.  Can't stop the play evey time a player goes down in the box either though

The replay shows the ball deviates slightly which means he touched the ball. They fucked up.

Touching a ball slightly doesnt mean that it isnt a foul..

It means he won the ball so unless it was reckless (or he does something else like pull the player down with his arm) then aye it literally does.

No it doesnt. The follow through clips Griezmann's legs when he is clean through. 100% penalty.

The follow up had about as much purchase as a hair. I'm sick of this whole contact=foul nonsense. The game's dead when fans of the game are perpetuating this bollocks.

Agree 100%. There wasn't enough contact there to trip a fucking mouse man. Just shows what a bastard this is to get this right though, can't even be certain with slow motion replays, because these players are so conditioned to go down under the tiniest contact or to even initiate the contact in the first place.

Guest firetotheworks

Love when people talk about how much contact footballers going at full pace should be able to take without losing their balance

Why do you love it? Because you think those people haven't seen identical situations during the course of their lives where players have stayed on their feet or something?

Love when people talk about how much contact footballers going at full pace should be able to take without losing their balance

The only two people who clearly know anything are the fouler and the fouled but to me he pretty obviously didn’t lose his balance, it’s scandalously practiced and deliberate. Most of the time when you’re fouled, you can’t control your body shape at all, some of these fuckers turn it into a Superman impression. That cunt for Iran late in the game yesterday rolled about 19 times after a trip with a look on his face like he’d been stabbed. Can’t really prove any of it like  :lol: