Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I get why people don't want to watch games like that but I think the story outweighs the shite entertainment. Although tbh the plucky Iceland story is getting a bit old now, they're a good side and have been for atleast a year or two before Euro 2016 :lol:

It's hardly a surprise when they shut teams out.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking love a class defensive display. Great watch. Also, fuck Messi. God I hate his fucking cunt ass face.

You would, ye weirdo.

Don't understand Messi's penalty technique at all. He can put it on a postage stamp into the top corner from 25 yards but doesn't even attempt to hit the corner from 12.

My thoughts too. Legit don’t get it.

Quite liked the look of Pavon mind, think he should start in the next game as one of the few players who were direct and looking to create something outside of Messi.

I was unreasonably annoyed when Iceland played it back to their keeper and Pavon turned on his little jets running after it. Very gym class hero.

But yeah he did look like a bright player unburdened by expectations. Also one of the few actual wide players in their squad.

Don't understand Messi's penalty technique at all. He can put it on a postage stamp into the top corner from 25 yards but doesn't even attempt to hit the corner from 12.

Bit like Beckham, that. Arguably best in the world at the time from distance, but attrocious technique from the spot.

American commentator - "Iceland beat Argentina 1-1!"

Still not sure if he was joking or Fox is just that bad at this. Both are equally possible

:lol: Pretty sure it was a reference back to the U.S.-England 1-1 in 2010, but, yeah, they're bad enough that it might not have been.

Eh, Evra & Larsson saying Messi didn't perform well? Absolute horseshit he done literally all he could other than score.

Man United bias. Also saying "he knew Ronaldo would score". He's taken like 45 and scored ONE

I'm triggered here like ngl  :lol:

Totally felt Ronaldo had decided to score yesterday from that FK. Fekt Messi would miss from the spot due to BEING A LITTLE SHITCUNT today.

Short memories. Ronaldo played against Iceland in the last Euros and was absolutely shit. Spanked about seven free kicks into the wall or into the stands.

Everyone in football has a memory of a goldfish, Messi scores in the next game and they'll forget it ever happened.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking love a class defensive display. Great watch. Also, fuck Messi. God I hate his fucking cunt ass face.

You would, ye weirdo.

CRonaldo the GOAT.

Good one.

Eh, Evra & Larsson saying Messi didn't perform well? Absolute horseshit he done literally all he could other than score.

Man United bias. Also saying "he knew Ronaldo would score". He's taken like 45 and scored ONE

I'm triggered here like ngl  :lol:

Totally felt Ronaldo had decided to score yesterday from that FK. Fekt Messi would miss from the spot due to BEING A LITTLE SHITCUNT today.

That's lovely.

I'm triggered here like ngl  [emoji38]

That's lovely.

[emoji38]

I thought he was fairly poor, tbh, by his ridiculous standard. It does not help that 90 percent of his teammates seems to be staring at him waiting for something to happen the majority of the match.

What happened with the obvious penalty for Argentina that did not even get checked by VAR? I do not understand this thing at all? :lol: Does the referee ask for it or is it called for by the VAR referees? It seems bizarre.

I thought he was fairly poor, tbh, by his ridiculous standard. It does not help that 90 percent of his teammates seems to be staring at him waiting for something to happen the majority of the match.

What happened with the obvious penalty for Argentina that did not even get checked by VAR? I do not understand this thing at all? :lol: Does the referee ask for it or is it called for by the VAR referees? It seems bizarre.

VAR refs will have looked at it, but on-field ref can ignore/not ask for VAR if he decides so.