Group F - Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea - SWE & MEX advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: Loving these videos. Although my favourite SK footballing memory will forever be Ahn-Jung-Wan (sp?) putting that header past Italy to knock those wankers out.

Didn't he get sacked from his club for it? :lol:

:lol: Loving these videos. Although my favourite SK footballing memory will forever be Ahn-Jung-Wan (sp?) putting that header past Italy to knock those wankers out.

Yup. Bitter fucks, who does that?

This is somehow a true story. Was that racist twat owner who used to run (still runs?) Perugia.

The Germans never do well in Russia do they.

Very good :lol:

The last time the Germans crashed out in the group stages was 1938.

In 1939, Hitler invaded Poland.

:scared:

My research tells me that the team to knock out Germany in 1938 was Switzerland, so take solace that Korea will likely be alright if the pattern holds.

This is somehow a true story. Was that racist twat owner who used to run (still runs?) Perugia.

Didn't the guy sign Qaddafi's son as well? I'm quite sure Perguia collapsed and were re-integrated, so I doubt he runs them still.

In the 2002 FIFA World Cup on home soil' date=' Ahn missed a penalty, but later scored a golden goal in extra-time from a header in the round of 16 game against Italy that sent the South Koreans through to the quarter-finals. The next day, Perugia owner Luciano Gaucci cancelled his contract and was quoted as saying, "I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football." Gaucci stated that his decision was not due to the goal, alleging comments by Ahn about the Italian nation. South Korean national manager Guus Hiddink criticised the decision. Gaucci later took back what he had said, and attempted to take up the £1.2 million option to sign Ahn on a permanent basis. Ahn rejected the offer of a three-year contract and refused to turn up for pre-season training despite Perugia claiming ownership of his registration, saying "I will no longer discuss my transfer to Perugia, who attacked my character instead of congratulating me for a goal in the World Cup." Busan also claimed that they had not been paid by Perugia.[/quote']

The Germans never do well in Russia do they.

Very good [emoji38]

The last time the Germans crashed out in the group stages was 1938.

In 1939, Hitler invaded Poland.

:scared:

Another one I saw doing the rounds was: Germany yet again much stronger in 14 than they were in 18.